14; Taste of Craziness

Começar do início

Checking the time on his phone, he grinned more when he saw that Wang Yibo would be arriving any second. Heading back to the kitchen, he was stopped half way when the door bell rang. Wang Yibo finally arrived.

Without any procrastination, he pulled the apron over his head, throwing it somewhere in the kitchen before rushing to the door. He took a deep breath before opening the door with a wide smile but it suddenly died when he saw that it wasn't the person he was expecting. Instead of Wang Yibo, there was a good looking woman wearing expansive clothes and jewelry, with a black hand bag standing at front of his door step.

"Exuse me Ma, if you are looking for Wang Yibo. He's not here" Xiao Zhan kindly said as he had obversed that She did not seem like someone who had lost her way, knocking on the wrong door as she kept staring at him intensively from head to toe, before shaking her head with disapproval.

"Yibo will be here in a few minutes which is why I came earlier because I wanted to see the man who had finally captured his attention but am disappointed with what I saw" the woman said in a calm and smooth manner but her words were heavy, stabbing through Xiao Zhan's chest. He felt insulted.

"Am sorry Madam but I don't know who you are" Xiao Zhan tried to be polite but his voice wavered at the end.

The woman smirked cunningly. "Am his mother"

Xiao Zhan gazed at her blankly, trying to see if she was lying or not as he remembered Yibo's mother was dead but he only got a snort from her.

"Am his step mother, Mrs Wang Hua" she finally revealed when she noticed how he wasn't buying her tale. Seemed like he wasn't completely simpleminded as she contemplated.

Xiao Zhan gulped as he realized who she saw. Without a second thought, he held the door opened widely for her.

"Am sorry Mrs Wang, I didn't realize" he apologized while stepping out of the way.

Mrs Wang snorted before she stepped into the house, Xiao Zhan shut the door behind her, he turned to find the intimidating woman scanning the house from everything corner before placing her butt on one of the couches, crossing her legs elegantly as if she owned the place without proper invitation.

"Whats your name?" she asked the young man seriously who remained standing, his hands held nervously in front of him. She scoffed inwardly. So naïve and innocent. Clearly wouldn't make it alive.

"Xiao Zhan" he answered.

"Xiao, I used to know a few Xiaos but they were killed. Am sure they had no child" She stared at him, her eyes turning a darker color as her lips curved into a sadistic smile. "Are your parents still alive?" she queried darkly, making Zhan feel extremely excruciating.

Why was she asking such a question...?

"Yes, they are alive" He didn't know why he lied but he just did. He didn't regard this woman, she represented a very dark aura and vibe, darker than Yibo's.

She soughed in solace. "That's good. But, I don't know what my son saw in you. I mean, look at you, you have nothing to offer. I can't believe he rejected all those models just for this" she said the last part to herself but Xiao Zhan heard her perfectly as his vision started to get blurry from tears.

Being pregnant sucked as he was now emotional than others. But, he blinked his tears away, giving her the delectation she was combing for. "Did I hurt your feelings, dear Zhan" she tilted her head, staring at him with derision and the tears from Zhan's eyes came bursting out like a waterfall. So weak...!

She bursted out laughing. "So imbecilic and wimpish"

Xiao Zhan become voiceless, he felt intimated by her presence. He felt like she was going to harm him and no one would be able to find any evidence to trace back to her. He only feared for his baby's life.