zoro, the second mate⁹

Start from the beginning

A nearby shout, a much more clearer one than the rest, cuts of whatever you wanted to say. You look over, Mihawk doing the same in the corner of your eyes, to see a man among his crew panicking.

"Damn you! You don't have anything to do with us. Why do you have to follow us?!" Angrily punching the ground in frustration, he climbs back to his feet to look at Mihawk.

The back of Mihawk's head slightly tilted to the side as if pondering the question before he nonchalantly replied. "Just to kill some time."

Your eyebrows shot up, "oh my god."

He looks to the side almost sheepishly, and under his breath, he adds, "I honestly don't even remember them."

"Oh my god."

"Stop insulting us!" The offended man barks before two shots were fired. The bullets headed for you, and totally not at the man that you're pretty sure was at fault here.

As you're still leaning back with a grin on your lips, Mihawk moves to redirect the course of the bullets, letting it gently slide upwards against the black blade of his sword.

"Please refrain from bothering my guest."

"He missed?!"

"No matter how many times you keep shooting, you won't be able to get him." Several thumps of footsteps follow after and a silhouette of a man emerges from the debris. "He uses his sword to change the course of the bullets."

"T...that's impossible!"

A man-no, a boy with green hair stands tall with three swords by his side, shooting you a glance before focusing on Mihawk. "I've never seen someone with such a gentle skill before."

Mihawk puts his sword back with a slight shiing. The glinting jewels and the shining gold rips the attention of anyone from the sharp blade that lurks in the shadows.

"If a sword doesn't have gentleness, it is not strong."

You look up, the blazing sun hitting your face and the straw hat is itchy against your head.

Gentleness...

Your gloved hand takes hold of Luffy's hat.

What a load of bullshit.

But your train of thought doesn't even leave the station before it was interrupted by multiple thumps and a voice yelling over the conversation between the two swordsmen. A familiar set of rubbery arms takes a hold of your waist, circling over and over until the grip is practically crushing you and-

"-Davy Jones save me-"

-you're sent flying in the direction where the arms came from, and as the wind whizzes past you, you wait for the inevitable collide that could lead to your premature death.

"It's been such a long time!" The person breaths out before laughing, mushing your face against his red vest.

Your words came out jumbled as you're more or less being suffocated by the person's tight grip. You force your arms to pop out from their hold and got a good look at their face.

You brighten up, smiling widely as you hugged him around the neck just as tight. For once, you're not afraid to touch somebody a little longer than a minute.

"Luffy!"

"Shishishi!"

His arms retracts to a normal length, letting his hands rest on your waist as laughter keeps coming out from both you and him. You felt yourself relax, the tension from the past few weeks on your shoulders slipping away like it was never there.