With my eyes still closed, I felt Cid's other hand removing my blindfold. Then his arms hugged me tighter with my back pulled towards his chest. Finally, he placed his chin on my right shoulder and whispered in my right ear.

"My Aya, you can now open your eyes."

Speechless, overflowing with emotions, and enveloped in Cid's warm embrace. I am standing in the Dumbo. I am looking at the excellent views of Manhattan, the Brooklyn Bridge Park, the gorgeous Blue Manhattan Bridge, and the iconic Brooklyn Bridge. 

(Source: Katie, Your Brooklyn Guide)

Cid turned me around, making me see his face, well-chiseled jaw, deep blue eyes, and Grecian nose. His facial features I won't get enough of. I placed my lips deeply on his as I wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"Do you like the view?" he asked.

"I love it!" Tears fell from my eyes. "I love you so much, Cid! You don't have an idea how much this means to me."

He kissed me on the forehead and cupped my face with his hands. "I love you more, My Aya! I want you to have a fresh memory of this bridge. One that is happy and with me!"

(Source: Katie, Your Brooklyn Guide)

We took a stroll along the walkway, hand in hand. As the sun set, Cid ensured our seats on a bench above Brooklyn Bridge Park in Dumbo. We looked over the East River under the breathtaking view of the Manhattan Skyline. 

After watching the sunset, we capped our romantic Brooklyn getaway with the famous coal oven pizza at Grimaldi's, one of the best pizzas in Brooklyn and NYC. I told Cid that I lived in Brooklyn for 18 years, but he made me see it differently and memorably one day.

 We went back to the hotel with our hearts full. The four corners of our suite bedroom witnessed our overflowing love for each other as we shared another night of passion and intense love.

Cid successfully changed my memory of Brooklyn forever!

***