𝐯𝐢. 𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐞'𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭

* 𝐋𝐔𝐊𝐄'𝐒 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕. *

THERE WAS ONLY SO much traveling around L.A. we could do before we'd eventually see it all. And in our second day of officially being ghosts...we'd pretty much seen it all. The only thing that even seemed to pique our interests...was being in Julie's studio. Not that we could play our instruments unless no one was home or if Julie was in there. Which...since Julie hasn't been in there all day and it was now pretty late at night, we were just left to our own devices and boredom. We were all just lounging up at the loft, looking around for anything of ours we might've missed, but again...boredom returned. Eventually, Reggie and Alex both relaxed to the point where I'm pretty sure they were lost in a daydream, way too far out of reach and leaving me to my own boredom.

So, I decided to go into Julie's house– more specifically her kitchen, because even if I was a ghost and couldn't eat food...I was still wanting nothing more than to just take a bite of a burger or drink a soda. Obviously, getting into her kitchen was the easy part. All I had to do was think about going into her kitchen and poof, there I was. The hard part was going to be getting the fridge door open. Once we got back from prowling through L.A. we spent a good couple of hours just trying to focus on grabbing anything around the studio that we could. It was pretty hit or miss...mainly a lot of misses, but it was only our second day. We were bound to get it soon.

Thankfully though, it only took me nine tries of watching my hand pass through the handle of the fridge door before I could feel the cold metal against my palm on the tenth. I grabbed the opposite handle with my other hand before opening the fridge and seeing all the amazing food that was inside. Food that I so desperately wanted to eat, but couldn't. It wasn't fair that I could smell how good it all was, but couldn't taste it. Life's cruel joke I guess.

As if dying from a tainted street dog wasn't cruel enough.

"Ah!" I turned to see Julie standing next to the bottom of the stairs, looking both tired and annoyed. "I'm never going to get used to that." She walked over to the fridge, standing behind me as I returned to looking back at all of the delicious food. "Do you guys even eat?"

I took a deep breath and shook my head, sighing. "I just wanna see whatcha got." As I focused on the desserts sitting on the top shelf, I felt the cold of the fridge door pass through me, and then I was staring at the outside of it. "Hey! You know how long it took me to open that?" I asked, following her back to the counter where she was making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"Sorry, I don't believe in wasting power." She said, looking back at her setup as she opened the jelly jar.

"Good. Because that's exactly what I wanted to talk to you about." I replied, walking around her and coming up to the side of the counter.