𝐢𝐯. 𝐦𝐫𝐬. 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬

* 𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐏𝐄'𝐒 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕 *

THE SOUND OF DRAWERS opening and closing stirred me out of my sleep only seconds before my alarm even had a chance. "Quiet." I groaned, shoving my face further into my pillow.

"No can do, Penny." Julie sighed, tearing back her comforter. "Time to get ready for school."

I groaned again, sitting up but keeping my eyes closed. I took a deep breath and exhaled, opening them. "I didn't even get to press snooze."

"You've been pressing snooze for the last 15 minutes," she laughed, reaching out and pulling me up. "Showers free, now go."

"You are so mean," I sighed, standing up and walking over to the chair in the corner of her room, picking up my overnight bag before looking back over my shoulder. "Is there a towel already?"

"I hung it up for you," she nodded, draping her outfit for the day out onto her bed. "If you're fast enough, maybe Dad will make us breakfast."

"You had me at breakfast," I replied, walking out of her bedroom and took a left to the bathroom down the hall.

Just as I stopped at the bathroom door, Carlos turned away from the sink with a smile on his face. "I could totally take the bathroom right now."

"Bold of you to think I haven't fought Olivia for the bathroom before." I bent down to his level slightly, a smile on my face. "I always win."

He rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "Relax, I was just brushing my teeth." He walked out and waved his hands in the direction of the bathroom. "It's all yours."

I walked into the bathroom and shut the door behind me before making my way to the shower. I reached in and turned the water on, pulling shut the curtain. I walked back to the sink, resting my overnight bag on it and opening it up, grabbing the clothes I had picked out for today, down beside my bag before putting the bag onto the ground. I've spent so many nights over here in the Molina house, that I went from bringing some of my shower supplies over every time I slept over, to actually keeping some in the shower ahead of time.

I got undressed and got into the shower, not wasting any time to get ready for school. If I were to even allow myself to stay under the hot water for more than two minutes, I would no doubt, never want to leave. Julie and I, by no means, had perfect attendance, but with the way she was rushing me out of bed this morning, it was obvious that she actually seemed...excited about getting to school. Once I finished my shower, I grabbed my towel and dried off, stepping out of the shower and walking towards the sink to get dressed.

After I got dressed and brushed my teeth, I left the bathroom and walked towards Julie's room to see if she was still there and maybe she could braid my hair for me. Unfortunately, she was nowhere to be found, which meant I'd just have to let my hair go down for the day. I just really hoped that it wouldn't be hot, because out of everything I packed for the sleepover...I forgot to bring a hair tie. If anything though, I'd be able to ask Julie to borrow one.