Devin leans forward on his knees. "Maybe you're overthinking this. You and Sebastian are strong, okay? And I really do mean that. If you're so worried about him, tell him. And stay by him, B. That's all you can do. Sebastian will only tell you what he wants to tell you."

        "Stay by him," I repeat, biting my lip in thought. "Okay. Thanks, Devin."

        He blows out another puff of smoke and sends me a wink. "Any time."

        Hours later, I bristle uncomfortably in the leather jacket, tucking my hair behind my ears as I step into the dark and dank club. I was a bit less self conscious this time given that I knew that the fake ID was legit enough to get me in at least once. The familiar pit in my stomach still ailed me as I stood in front of the bouncer, but sure enough I was inside and wrapped up in a swarm of sweaty bodies in no time.

        The Pub was strangely alive, even more so than the first time I went, and I found myself relishing in the crowd of people rather than being put off by it. Nonetheless, I slide into the same chair I'd resided in last time, not terribly eager to get straight to dancing.

        I rap my fingernails on the table when a bartender comes up to me. It isn't the man I met last time, Roman, but a woman with a tag reading Jenny. "Drink?"

        My eyes slowly take in the drinks on the list up top. "Just a beer. Thanks," I mumble, not even attempting to imagine what goes in some of the other drinks they'd listed.

        The woman nods once and disappears as she goes to grab my drink. When she hands it to me, I clear my throat once. "When does Roman get in? Does he work tonight?"

        "Well, sure," she responds with a quiet smile. "But you'll have to wait an hour or two."

        So I wait. I watch the group of people dance and down as many beers as my wallet can handle. I was somewhere in between very tipsy and slightly drunk, the buzz in my veins ridding my mind of all of the worries I had regarding my boyfriend.

        I knew that what Devin said this morning had merit. Sebastian and I have worked past barrier after barrier. I knew him and he knew me. Wouldn't he tell me if something was wrong? What secrets did we have left to keep from one another?

        Jenny takes my empty glass and raises her eyebrows. "Another?" she asks. I nod, slapping down my last $5. She tucks it into the register and refills me and I sip at the drink as I lean back in my chair. "Roman's here. I'll tell him you asked for him."

        I have half the nerve to be embarrassed. Roman and I'd only met once and I unloaded all of my problems on him. Maybe it was just easier because he was a stranger. Will that be ruined if I see him again?

        I down my beer quicker now, getting the sudden urge to leave. This was too much. I'd met the man once and now he was my therapist? I'm slipping back on my leather jacket when he appears, a small smile on his face. I freeze instantly, slouching back in my seat and rubbing my eyes. "Hi," I slur, shaking my head once. "I mean, hey."

        Roman chuckles, leaning against the counter to look at me closer. "Well, hello there. Evan South, was it?" he asks. He looked just as I'd remembered, with inch short brown hair and muscles that seemed to make his clothes fit ten times better. I look down at my own tiny arms in the jacket and sigh.

"North, actually," I respond, running a hand through my hair and finishing up the last of my beer.

Roman's full lips purse as he nods toward my glass. "You're drunk," he notes.