candy, 糖果┊͙˚.

𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐘
eight

[3rd person]

"nee-san, gojou sensei is crazy ! he said i have to finish my essay by the end of this month and it's in 5 days ! how can someone that look so good on the outside actually be so scary ? now i know why he doesn't have a girlfriend

"nee-san, gojou sensei is crazy ! he said i have to finish my essay by the end of this month and it's in 5 days ! how can someone that look so good on the outside actually be so scary ? now i know why he doesn't have a girlfriend."

yuji rambled to her through the phone, completely oblivious to the fact that his dear sensei is right beside his nee-san. aki turned her head slowly to look at satoru, having a terrible feeling that her cousin might 'die' in his hands tomorrow.

"ah ... yuji, he is your sensei after all, we should respect him."

"but still ! i don't think-"

"i'll add more money to your monthly allowance."

"huh why ?"

"... you'll see tomorrow." she quickly said goodbye and hung up on him.

"he doesn't know what he's saying haha ...", aki laughed nervously at a smiling satoru.

the next day, the two walked out of his house after breakfast, "you'll have to settle your own dinner tonight."

"that's fine." aki replied before storming towards the lift and pressing the button harshly. satoru moved away and side eyed her, afraid of the aura surrounding her at this moment.

she has a trial today and it is against her former teacher who is also her uncle. having a trial against her elders is the worst thing she could think of working as a lawyer.

and as expected, she lost.satoru frowned at his phone after seeing her reply him with a 'we lost ...' but quickly shut it off as his own class was starting. he took his students around the hospital, looking at the different patients and teaching them whatever they needed to know.

"yuji, state the symptoms of epidural hematoma."

yuji's head shot up from his notes and looked at his sensei, "uhm ... confusion, dizziness, altered level of alertness, severe headache and uh ..."

as he tried recalling the last few symptoms, the other students around him started to panic. why had gojou sensei suddenly started calling names ? would they be the next one ?

satoru closed his file with a loud snap, "go back and copy it a hundred times."

"a hundred ? i'm still a student, give me a fifty percent discount !"

"i'll give you a hundred percent discount if you let me break your legs."

yuji whined and continued staying on high alert, afraid that he would be called again. and of course, he got called once again.

"tell me the details about that patient." satoru said as he looked over at the patient he was referring to.

"uhm fracture of the metatarsal bone."

"we have learned that we should not give a patient's information out simply, and yet you did. go and copy that section ten times, give both to me by the end of this week." and with that, he ended class and walked back to his office.

"..."

yuji was about to cry, he must've did something for him to get targetted by gojou sensei today.

that evening, aki walked back home with ingredients in her hands only to remember that satoru had a surgery today so she would have to get dinner herself. sighing softly, she opened her door, why does her home feel so cold compared to his ?

at the same time, satoru was rushing around in the surgery room. he had been in there for six hours and it was starting to get tiring. the newly graduates working with him were clearly tired out which means anything bad could happen. he made eye contact with nanami and the two started making jokes, clearing the gloomy atmosphere up into a livelier one.

after a few minutes of rest, satoru and nanami was called to another surgery, but seeing how tired out nanami is, satoru went by himself and continued on for another 5 hours.

aki grabbed a piece of bread and left her house the next morning, not expecting to bump into a very pale satoru by the lift. she rushed over and helped him get back into his house, offering him a piece of candy she had in her bag after hearing him say he's dizzy because of the lack of sugar.

that few minutes of dragging him back into his house almost made her late which rarely happens, allowing mahito to tease her.

suddenly, a girl appeared beside mahito and grabbed his arm, smiling up at him and calling him senpai. mahito smiled down at her and told her something before she walked off. aki looked at the two and a sudden thought popped into her mind.

"say, what if a guy who already has a crush on a girl flirts with another girl who likes him, what does he mean by doing that ?"

he frowned at her, surprised that she would ask something like that.

"he's either a playboy or the girl he has a crush on and the girl that he flirts with is the same person. fifty dollars please."

aki 'kicked' him away and thought about what he said. the second option can be removed immediately, which means it's probably the first option. satoru did seem like that type of guy. the more she thought about it the more annoyed she became.

when she opened her door to put out the trash the next morning, chu was sitting outside and 'smiling' up at her. she looked over to satoru's door and noticed his shoes were gone, she had no choice but to let him in.

at about 2 pm, satoru came knocking on her door, and she let him in as well. as he looked around her living room and saw her hunched up on the ground working on her work, he suddenly felt his heart break a little, she looks really tired.

"the hospital called when i was walking him and i didn't have time to take him back so i told him to come and find you."

"you're not afraid that i'm not home too ?"

"you are always home during the weekends." she pursed her lips and turned back to her work, groaning at the heavy work load.

"come for dinner tonight, it's christmas eve."

"mhmm ..." she muttered.

satoru wasn't sure if she heard him but left quietly with chu.

...🕊•̩̩͙⁺-⤾·˚ ༘ ◡

a/n :
slow burn book 😔
but dont worry it will be
sweet soon