Chapter 10

They walked down the path, Scarlett had put up her knife and pulled one of her guns into her left hand since Leon still had a hold of her smaller hand. As they walked Leon's phone began ringing and he finally had to let go of her hand to answer it since he was holding his gun in his other one but she didn't mind. 

  "So it seems you killed Krauser too. How should I return my appreciation?" Saddler asked and Scarlett pinched the bridge of her nose lightly to try and alleviate the forming headache. 

  "Tch, What are you talking about. I thought he was with you?" Leon said frowning slightly as he looked at Scarlett. 

  "What are you talking about? Did you really think I'd trust an American? To tell you the truth I was contemplating how to get rid of him. But thanks to you that's no longer necessary." Saddler said with a laugh pissing Leon and Scarlett off.

  "You were just using him right from the start." Scarlett hissed loud enough for Saddler to hear her through the phone but he ignored her in favor of talking to Leon. 

  "I must hand it to you. You've demonstrated quite a bit of promise by killing Krauser. When your assimilation with Las Plagas is complete. I'll have you serve as my guard. That should also keep Scarlett happy once I get a hold of her." Saddler said and they could hear the smirk in his voice. Scarlett made a face at his comment and she really wanted to punch him in the face at that point in time. 

  "Unfortunately I'm going to have to decline your generous offer. I have prior engagements." Leon sassed back making Scarlett snort,

  "Enjoy your smart mouthing while you can." Saddler said before hanging up and Scarlett threw her hands up in exasperation at the man. They went further down the path before Scarlett began to feel people up a head and told Leon so they could prepare for a fight. When they got closer they had to duck behind a wall when they saw a man on a wall at a gatling gun and the sound of a helicopter was heard before a light was centered on them. 

  "Hey, it's about time." Leon said when his phone beeped and he answered it. The person on the other end said something but Scarlett wasn't able to make it out and the helicopter flew away and Leon hung up. They watched as the helicopter knocked over an old water tower crushing quite a few of the men and it began shooting down the rest before firing a missal destroying the building and killing more of the men. Leon talked to the driver for a minute again before they began walking and the chopper followed above them, 

  Scarlett pulled her rifle from her back and lines up the shot to kill the man behind the gatling gun. They kept going through the area with the chopper shooting down men as they went.  Scarlett put up her rifle and pulled her gun so that she could kill men that the chopper couldn't get with Leon as they neared a bridge. The chopper shot another missal and destroyed the top of the tower they had to go through to get to a door. 

  Once on the other side they had to fight a large man with a mini gun and with the help they had the fight went quick. They went up stairs and Leon went down the zip line first to get to the switch they needed and Scarlett went down it next but was shot in the leg by a ganado. She was able to hang on until the got to the end and dropped down, Leon caught her and set her on her feet so the wound didn't cause her to fall if she had just dropped onto the platform. 

  She knelt down and pulled her rifle again while Leon jumped down to go across to the next switch. She took out a man in a tower before he could shoot  Leon while he ran to the switches. She jumped from the place she was on and fell when the impact made her wound bleed more. She got to her feet and limped as quickly as she could to Leon and they went in the door he had unlocked. They went up the stone steps and out to an open area and found themselves surrounded by ganados and Scarlett cursed.