Chapter 8: Magic ring

Start from the beginning

She fell asleep in his arms, she looks so peaceful, like a baby, he didn't want to wake her so he just let her head rest on his arm, even it's getting numb but he is not planning on moving them, after a while he saw a small smile appeared on her face, 'whatever it is that she's dreaming must be good', he thought, he rested his chin on her head, soon he fell asleep as well.

By the time he woke up, it's already 1AM, she's already awake too lying next to him, looking even more sad than before she fell asleep, "hey sweetheart, what happened?" He asked her softly while stroking her arm, "I had a really nice dream, where all the dead people were back to life, and I remember we were in a farm, there were horses and some baby sheep, it was sunny, we were having so much fun, then I woke up and it's all gone," she squeezed out a smile trying not to look like a depressed mess like she is. Sure, nightmares can be scary and torturing, but have you ever had a beautiful dream where your lost loved ones are back with you, doing everything with you like when they were still alive, but then you woke up, remembered everything happened in the dream, everything you could ever asked for, being taken away from you again, the grief hitting you all over again, the guilt sweep you off your feet again after being snapped back into the reality, where you realized it's never gonna happen in real life, it kills you slowly, it does more damage than a nightmare ever can.

He hugs her again, "I'm sorry honey, I'm not really good at comforting people, just tell me what do you need me to do, I'll do it, and I promise you we will make some good memories," he strokes her back gently trying to comfort her, "I just need you, that's all I need, and same, I can't wait to spend more time with you Parker," she smiles in his arms, "now go to sleep, we have some killing to do tomorrow, you'll need some energy for that," then he kisses her forehead again, "do you want me to read you a bedtime story?" He laughs, she hits his shoulder playfully, "I'm not 4," she said, he starts laughing with her too, "your smile looks beautiful darling."

They woke up around 10 the next morning, "hey Evie poo," he said then planted a small kiss on her cheek, "I actually like this one the most," she smiled then kissed him back, "the nickname?" He looks at her with his breath taking blue eyes, "hmm" she nodded her head and slowly getting up, "come on we need to get going soon, don't wanna miss all the fun later on," then she gives him a wink before going to the bathroom.

After breakfast Kai told her his plan, which is super simple and straight forward, he goes in first and get the ring, then he will text her when he's done, that will be her cue, and she can do whatever she wants with his coven members and finish off their vendetta for good, "perfect", she said then put the room card in her pocket and walking towards the door with him following behind her.

The Gemini quarter wasn't too far away, it was like a 15 minutes drive, "remember the plan?" He looked at her, "of course," she gave him a small smile reassuring him, then he he kissed her before getting out of the car.

"Good morning folks," he said loudly, he glanced at them quickly, 'good' he thought, all the coven members are here, except Jo and Liv, and dear old Joshua who is suffering in his very own prison world right now, there are around 30 people here, "good morning Mr.Parker," an old lady said, "morning, I suppose you have what I want?" He raised an eyebrow looking at her, "may I ask why do you need it?" A low male voice interrupted them, he turns around looking at him.

He looks like he is a bit older than Kai, not his real age of course, "Victor is it?" Kai said in an unpleasant tone, "actually it's Vincent," the guy said, Kai shrugs his shoulders, "yea whatever, mind your own god damn business, and from what I've known, you shouldn't question the leader or are you challenging me?" He shots Vincent a warning look, then turn to the old lady again looking at her, she takes a small velvet bag from her pocket and handed it to Kai, "thank you," he said then he opened it, and see one of his silver ring in it.

"This can suppress a witch's magic power, but not halt it," she told him, he gives her a nod then took out his phone from his pocket and texted Evalynn, 'babe now', he sent the text before he puts his hand on Vincent's arm and siphoned his magic, then he closed all the exits, windows using it, "what?" Vincent looks at him while groaning in pain, "let's wait for our special guest, shall we?" He grins.

A few seconds later the door was busted open, and he sees Evalynn stands there with black magic orbs around her, the same black orbs that filled her eyes, "miss me?" A smirk appears on her face, "Padovano," a guy muttered, "I've missed you babe!" Kai said with excitement in his voice then running towards her, "what are you doing with her?" Vincent asks again, Kai rolled his eyes, "what, can't you tell we are a couple, Vance?"

"Who are you?" A young male asks, "god Gemini Coven people are really stupid," she rolled her eyes then turned to Kai, "not you babe, no offense," she blows a kiss at him, "none taken," he sent a winks to her, "I'm Evalynn Aurinda Padovano, you people slaughtered my bloodline and killed my parents when I was a child, Joshua Parker was your leader back then, your old coven leader, and now I'm screwing his son, ring a bell?" She said playfully then she glances over Kai who's blushing now, "is it weird if I say that I'm turned on right now?" He whispers next to her ear, "no," she said, "it's freaky," she gives him a devilish smirk before facing his coven member again.

"You should be dead," another member said, she rolled her eyes, without saying more she starts to sending them magic attack, the magic orbs she sent knock them over to the ground, only a few members got up and start chanting, "let me guess, prison world?" She groaned then starts using magic to attack them again, the magic power she sent out are black mixed with crimson red in them, which is very pretty, and dangerous, she used it to held a poor man up by his neck and holding him in the air, he's struggling to breath then she releases her grip and send him flying to a wall behind him

While she was having her fun, Kai was on Twitter, "yo babe, Kanye just tweeted again, it's hilarious," he said while laughing, "kinda busy here, but save the tweet for me, love ya," she yelled from the other side of the quarter, "Evie poo I love you but could you not yell at me? I'm a bit sensitive," he said with his puppy eyes, she turns to him for a second and sighed, "sorry," she said in a much more smaller volume, then he gives her a smile and pointing at her left direction, "kill him," he raises his eyebrows letting her know that a member got up and was about to attack her, but she waved her hand at that poor guy's direction and tore off his head the next second, "wow babe that was awesome," he praised, "I know," she said quickly before going towards another woman.

After she got her revenge, they walked out from the quarter, she stands in front of it and closed her eyes, then after a few seconds the inside of the quarter are starts burning in fire, "how did you?" Kai asked her, he thought she could just do telekinesis, "I can also control the natural elements, like fire, water, wind," she shrugs one of her shoulders, "cool, now give me your hand," he shows her the ring, "is this one of yours?" She looks into his eyes, every time she stares into his eyes she just feels like the time has stopped along with everything around them, she could do this forever.

He nodded, "Jo gave me this on my 18th birthday, I remember she was the only one who got me anything on that day," he said while slowly putting it on her ring finger, then he muttered something and the size of the ring changed, now it fits her perfectly, as soon as the ring starts working, she felt something changed in her body in the best way possible, her body feels lighter, and she feels less like an addict, "how are you feeling?" He looks at her with caring in his eyes, "better, thank you for all of this," she chuckles, then she hugs him and buries her head in his chest, "anything for you Evie poo, I mean it, anything," he strokes her hair gently and hugs her tighter, "vice versa teddy bear," He can feel her smiling.

"Now let's go back home."