45 - here's to doing dumb shit

Start from the beginning

Maria's eyes landed on her best friend, she knew about Lyla and Vera's bucket list, which also meant she knew that they had twenty minutes before the psychedelic kicks in.

"Maria, come, Vera and I are going to get food," Lyla told. The brunette jumped up from her spot next to Michael, rushing over to Lyla and immediately linking their arms.

"Oh! Get cake on your way back!" Calum called, getting waved off by the girl.

"Maria, I'm wondering..."

"Yes." The girl quickly said, "I will try drugs with you – wait, I won't die right?"

Lyla was taken aback, "Wait really?" She questioned, "Are you sure? I don't want you to feel pressured, or that you're babysitting."

"No, trust me, I want to try." Maria reassured, "I trust you guys, and besides – the boys are so annoying." She groaned,

There was no doubt in her mind that she was scared shitless. Maria has tried weed maybe once or twice, and now there she was ready to jump into hallucinogenic drugs. Usually, she would never go near substances such as narcotics or stimulants. But Maria is still young, and this should be the time to do crazy things.

And it'll be a good story to tell her kids – of course, she'll use it to scare them into never going down that path.

Though, right now, Maria was going to submit to the college student stupidity and join the team. Oh, and she really wanted to see new colours.

"Lyla, I'm nineteen, I want to do something crazy!" Maria explained, "For one night – your night – I will let loose and stop overthinking everything."

Having Maria want to join, definitely caught Vera by surprised, however, she had no complaints. If they're going to be high for the next few hours, they're going to do it together and make it some sort of twisted girls' night out.

Maria and Vera both knew that Lyla's ideal way of spending her birthday wasn't just sitting around doing nothing. Lord knows, that another hour stuck at that apartment would have been excruciatingly boring.

The girl's grabbed their things, and headed out, meeting Vera's driver outside. The three of them sliding into the back seat, "Hey Henry, can you take us to Magnolia's bakery – the on in the upper east side?"

The man nodded, starting to drive away from the apartment building.

It had been three hours since the young men have heard or seen from any of the girls. The sun had set, and Luke was the first to notice their absence.

"Guys," the blond spoke, tearing them away from their game. "Where are the girls?" He asked, "They've been gone for three hours."

Michael paused his and Calum's game, checking the time on his watch, "What time did they leave?" He asked, seeing that it was already eight-thirty.

"I think around five," Ashton responded. "I wonder where they could be,"

"Maybe they went out to a club or something," Calum shrugged, "either way we shouldn't worry too much. I'm sure they're fine, Maria will keep Lyla and Vera from doing anything dumb."

The boys all nodded in agreement, except for Luke, his intuition was telling him that something was off.

"I don't know," Luke said, unsure of what his friend had said. "I think they're doing something really dumb right now," he explained, "Michael call Maria, I'll try Lyla."