𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 3࿐⋆punch them with your patronus⋆

Start from the beginning

"Not now," said Lupin firmly. "You've had enough for one night. Here-"

He handed Harry a large bar of Honeydukes's best chocolate.

"Eat the lot, or Madam Pomfrey will be after my blood. Same time next week?"

"Okay," said Harry.

"If I may ask Harry," said Lupin, "What memory did you choose when you tried the charm for the third time?"

Harry felt his face growing hot and he started getting nervous.

"Oh, um- my friends. I uh- I thought of the times I was with my friends," he said, trying to sound convincing but he still couldn't help the blush that crept onto his face.

Lupin merely chuckled and nodded with a knowing look on his face.

"One more thing, Professor- " said Harry as Lupin turned to him. "Is it okay if I bring Y/N with me next time?"

────⍣☆☾☼✧☼☽☆⍣────

January faded imperceptibly into February, with no change in the bitterly cold weather. The match against Ravenclaw was drawing nearer and nearer, but Professor McGonagall still hadn't given Harry his Firebolt back.

He was now asking Professor McGonagall for news of the Firebolt after every Transfiguration lesson, Ron standing hopefully at his shoulder, Hermione rushing past with her face averted, Y/N standing in the middle debating which side she should join.

To make matters even worse, Harry's anti-dementor lessons were not going nearly as well as he had hoped. Several sessions on, he was able to produce an indistinct, silvery shadow every time the boggart-dementor approached him, but his Patronus was too feeble to drive the dementor away.

Y/N's lessons, however, were going tremendously brilliant. Her Patronus still hadn't formed into a shape but it was strong enough to make the dementor back away and she could've sworn she saw four legs appear in the white light during their last practice.

"You're expecting too much of yourself, Harry," said Professor Lupin sternly in their fourth week of practice. "For a thirteen-year-old wizard, even an indistinct Patronus is a huge achievement. You aren't passing out anymore, are you?"

"Y/N's Patronus almost formed into a shape last time..." he said quietly.

"Hazza..." said Y/N, feeling bad for her best friend.

"I thought a Patronus would- charge the dementors down or something," said Harry dispiritedly. "Make them disappear-"

"The true Patronus does do that," said Lupin. "But you've both achieved a great deal in a very short space of time. If the dementors put in an appearance at your next Quidditch match, you will be able to keep them at bay long enough to get back to the ground."

"You said it's harder if there are loads of them," said Harry.

"I have complete confidence in you two," said Lupin, smiling. "Now, let's try once again, Shall we? Who's ready?"

"I'll do it!" said Y/N as she got up, gripping her wand tightly.

"You know what do to, Y/N, concentrate on your happy memory," said Lupin walking towards the boggart trunk. "Remember, it must be a really powerful memory."

Y/N closed her eyes and thought of all of her memories with her brother and parents. She remembered the time when she and Cedric helped their mum cook dinner for their dad's birthday when she was 6 years old.

"Ced, put those carrots in this container after you've finished cutting them." Rebekah turned to Y/N. "Y/N, are you done with mixing the flour and the eggs?"