Mothers keep secrets too

"Raven..." She starts to reach over and I pull away. She knew this whole time. She knew and she let me think I was crazy. I jump off my bed wrapping my arms around myself.

"Sweetie please." I shake my head moving as far away from her as possible.

"Get out of my room." I whisper. She stands and walks to the trap door. She looks up at me before heading down. "We did what we had to, to protect you." My stomach twists. I don't answer and she heads down.

After 3 hours of twisting and turning I finally fall asleep, but not a peaceful sleep.

"I told you, Nick isn't a good guy. He'll leave you the minute he gets what he wants." Dad say to me.

"I'm not like that dad you know that." I counter, he sighs.

"I know that birdy, but its him I'm worried about." He say looking at me. I grummble under my breath and cross my arms looking out my window. The moon hangs high bright over the ocean. My dad pulls the breaks aburtly sending me flying forward. I shrike and reach my arms out to keep my head from slamming forward. My dad stares ahead eyes full of terror. I look at where he's watching a frown. There's nothing there.

"Dad?" I ask but before he can answer loud growls erupt in the air. Then something starts to claw at the car. Somethin behind and at the side rock us. Me and My dad scream. Terror fills my vien as my veiw changes from the moon to the dark dark endless sea.

"Dadddd!" I scream in terror, I grab on to my dad who's trying to get us out. I bang my hand hard against my window trying to break it open as more and more water piles in. My dad kicks at his door at the window shield in absoult panic. Something oulls the door open and before my dad is pulled out his eyes lock with mine and beg forgiveness. I scream and try to hold my breath as water fills in. I watch through the foggy water as my dad is toren to shreds by something I can't see. The pressure of the water and the little oxygen in my head finally forces my eyes close. I feel myself begin to dye and then suddenly I'm gasping and breathing air. Clean fresh air. I gasp and sit up coughing up piles of water on the sand. I look around confused and scared. The night is dark and even the moon has hidden behind clouds. I wrap my arms around myself and cry. In my head a voice whispers to me.

Your dad made a deal. I can not collect if you die. My eyes fly open and try to look for the source but see no one or anything. Just the empty calm sea showing no sign that it just took my father away from me.

I wake gasping for air almost as if I was still under water, after a few quick breaths I start to clam down. I lay back down and try to get my head to stop spinning. After a few minutes I gather the courage to finally get up. I get up and go into the bathroom, after I take a shower and get dressed in my skinny jeans, purple tan, leather jacket and boots. I apply some mascara, some eyeliner, and put my hair up in a ponytail, I put on my raven necklace and then head down stairs. I hear my mom in the kitchen making breakfast. I pause outside of the kitchen remembering last nights events. I breath in and step inside. My mom is hard at work making pancakes. She looks up and smiles awkawrdly,

"Good your up. I made pancakes!" She says over excitdely. I step forward arms crossed expression cold.

"How much do you know that I don't?" I ask her icly.

"After breakfast." She answers. I glare.

"No, how about you tell me what the hell you know. And you say it now." My mom looks up at me angry. I was rude but at the moment I could careless.

"I am still your mother Raven." I grunt. She sighs and leans on the counter.

"Alright," she says sighing and then continues," when you were born the doctors said you had heart failure and would probably live only a year. Your dad he...he went crazy and when he couldn't find anything in the human world to help he went to other measures. We summoned a demon named Ruby, she said she'd help us. That you would live, but what your dad forgot to tell was that he would be giving his soul away. We lived fine until you turned 12 and that car crash happened." She says her voice wavering with each word. I stare at my mom in horror. I was right that night they were hell hounds. My dad, my dad's sould is burning in hell and it's all because of me.