The Device

I finish applying my mascara and take a step back to look at myself in the mirror. I'm wearing a red strap dress with my leather jacket, my black heel boots, my hairs down in curly waves, and I have on my raven necklace. I step out of the bathroom, grab my phone, my black side bag and walk down.

"Mom?!" I call as I climb down my steps. I grab on to the railing to keep from falling face first. Heels.

"Down here!" She calls, I go into her room, which is still clattered with boxes. She has yet to finished unpacking and we've been here over a month now.

"Mom you haven't unpacked anything." She looks up from where she sits surronded by books. She holds up an old photo album.

"Sure I have. See." I laugh and shake my head.

"Oh mom. Really though way is taking you so long?" My mom looks down at the album and smiles her eyes sad. my stomach twists. Don't I sliently beg her. She looks up at me and I look away.

"Look sweetie, do you remember..."

"No." I say icely. My mom looks back down at the picture and shuts the album. I haven't looked at a picture of my dad since the accident. I don't need to I remeber his face. I remember everything and I wish I could forget all of it.

"I'm sorry mom." She smiles up at me and takes my hand.

"It's okay sweetie. I miss him too." I nod and take my hand back.

"We should go."

"Of course." She says standing up. She moves around some box and grabs her bag, we head out.

"We're taking my car." I say.

"Its best we go in different cars. You might want to stay longer then I do." She says, as she moves to get into her car. I climb into mine. I park at the school and I spot Damon right away. Hating my self for it. We've spoken here and there. He hasn't brought up that night he tried to kiss him and I most certainly haven't. I was still kind of freaked out by the whole thing. It was unexpected and I'm pretty sure he only tried to kiss me because Elena wouldn't. I recently move to catch up with him and Stephen.

"Its founders day I'm here to it cotton candy and steal your girl." Damon says to Stephen his typical smirk on his face.

"Damon, be nice." I say walking up to them. Stephen smiles at me his eyes saying something like don't even bother with him. I laugh.

"I am nice, Stephen here is just induce." I roll my eyes, and manage to spot Caroline. My smile widens and I wave at her. She grins excitedly. Caroline has basically been my rock since I got here. Me and her have been switching houses for sleep overs and while Matt's arm was repairing taking shifts to see who'd nurse him.

"Gotta go." I say hurring toward her.

"By they way you look great!" Damon calls after me and besides myself I smile. Bonnie is in the middle of trying to takea group photo so I step up.

"Here," I say to her," let me take it." I reach for the camera. She smiles at me and hands it to me but then Tyler comes up. Matt kind eyes darken.

"I can take it." He says but Matts already gone. "I said I was sorry." Tyler whispers. I snort and hand the camera back to Bonnie.

"You made out with his mother then beat him to a pole, you going to do a little bit better then sorry." Caroline says and walks away to get on the float. Tyler looks down at the ground. I shake my head and walk past him. Ass. His my least favorite of the supernaturals in town. Wonder if he knows what he is. Bonnie and me make our way though the crowed to see the float pass by. We wave at Caroline and Elena as they pass by but our view is cut off by Damon.