No. 5: First Revenge Heist of the Year!

En başından başla

"That's him," Janus said. "The jerky one with the spiked hair."

"Where?"

He pointed to a guy with spiky hair and a gold chain around his neck leaning against a wall, tapping on his phone.

Virgil frowned. "He's wearing a soccer jersey."

"And?"

"You said he played football."

"He does play football!"

Virgil let out a long-suffering sigh. "Jan, no, it's---"

"Ooooooh, you were thinking of the idiotic American sport where it's just an excuse for big musclemen to show off how strong they are by tackling each other and beating each other up over a ball that's not even shaped right," Janus realized. "No. I'm talking about real football."

"You know what, I don't have time for this. C'mon." Virgil walked over to Dexter, Janus right on his heels.

"Hello there," Janus called as they reached him.

Dexter let out a big sigh as he looked up. "Bro, I'm kinda busy right now, do you---" He looked Janus up and down. "Holy shit, dude, what the hell happened to you? Did you get burned or some shit?"

"Now, now, Mr. Parker, that's not a very nice way to speak to your elders, is it?" Janus purred, digging his fingernails into Dexter's forearm. "Me and my associate here would like to speak with you, if you'd be so gracious to spare a few moments of your time."

"And it's called vitiligo, asshole," Virgil added, grabbing Dexter's other arm. "Look it up."

They dragged him out of the building and around back, which was easier than expected---either Dexter had forgotten about his superstrength, or he was just too much of a wimp to actually use it.

Once they finally stopped, he shrugged the two of them off. "What the hell, you guys?" he complained. "I got class to get to!"

"Well, you didn't look like you were in a hurry, so excuse us for interrupting," Virgil said, folding his arms. "Besides, we've got bigger things on our mind than class at the moment."

"Bro, I don't even know you."

"But I believe you know my little sister," Janus reminded him. "Does the name 'Persephone Kapoor' ring any bells?"

Dexter frowned. "Wait, you're Persie's brother?"

Janus tilted his head. "What? You didn't see the family resemblance?"

He shrugged. "Just don't see how someone that hot could have a such a freaky-looking---"

Virgil punched him in the face.

"Owwwwwwwww!" Dexter shouted, holding his jaw. "The fuck, dude?"

"You should be grateful that it's me you're dealing with and not Remus Sanchez," Virgil hissed. "If he heard you call Janus freaky, you'd be dead right now."

"Janice who?"

"That's my name," Janus said. "Don't wear it out."

Dexter snorted. "Your name is Janice? What are you, a middle-school librarian?"

Janus grabbed him by the collar, eyes aflame. "Listen here, Dexter," he snarled. "There are a number of things I want from you, mostly involving you throwing yourself off of a cliff and into a pit of lava, but there's only one thing that I need you to do, and that's to leave my sister alone."