Chapter sixty three: Our babies turn ONE💗

Start from the beginning

"Looks like Norman's having fun too"

I get out my camera and take endless photos of the girls. Brad and I both join them on the floor as they open their presents. We have to help them as they don't really understand the concept of unwrapping.

"Wow, look what you've got baby" I say as Pollyanna holds her new baby doll

"Baby mama"

"Yes it's your baby"

Ophelia opens the same baby doll and they both start giving the dolls kisses. We got them both the same gifts so there would be no arguing evening though they are still so young.

They both stand up and waddle over to their new baby prams. They walk over to us, pushing the prams in front of them with their babies inside.

"Are you taking your babies for a walk?" Brad asks them as he just continues to stare at the girls

"Wawa dada" Ophelia replies back picking her baby back out of the pram and slobbering all over it

"Yes walk baby"

Both of the girls are talking a lot more now. Putting two words together even though they can't really pronounce anything correctly at the minute but they are trying so hard.

"Normy" Both of the girls shout and start to chase Norman with the prams and all three of them seem to be having the time of their lives

Once the girls have opened the rest of their presents, I decide to go and make them a birthday breakfast. I make some funfetti pancakes. Once they are done, I call Brad to put the girls in their high chairs. Once he's done that, I put one candle in each of the pancakes, light it and take it over to the girls.

"Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Pollyanna and Ophelia,
Happy birthday to you"

I set the pancakes down and Brad holds their hands so they can't touch the flames and we show them how to blow them out. They try but fail miserably. We can't help but laugh and Brad and I end up helping them to blow them out. I take the candles out and let them enjoy their first birthday breakfast.

"I'm so happy with how this mornings going babe" Brad comes and sits next to me, wrapping his arm around my waist as we watch the girls that are insisting on feeding each other

"I couldn't of wished for a better morning baby" I lean my head to the side and give him a kiss before returning my gaze to the girls who some how have gotten pancake all in the eyebrows and their hair

"I think it's time for some bubble baths" I say as we each pick up a baby and take them upstairs to get all cleaned up

*That afternoon*

(Brad's P.O.V)

Everything is set up for the little party we are having for the girls. It's unicorn themed with pink, gold and white decorations. We have decorated the girls' high chairs with pink ruffles and confetti sprinkled all over the trays. We also have had two cakes specially made for them with edible glitter and unicorn cake toppers.

Jen has been emotional all day and so have I. It's a big moment in our lives right now. The girls have hit a huge milestone which is their first birthday. We can't wait for all of our friends to come over and celebrate with us.

We take the girls upstairs to get dressed into their special birthday outfits. When the dresses are on, they are mesmerised by the pink frilly tutu. We pair the dress with a pair of white knee high socks with bows on them and a pair of white shoes.