"Where should I start?" I asked when he invited me to eat. Mämmi, it was called, looked back up at me from the light wood table. I mean, I have Italy, but we mostly texted on a messenger app, and he was starting to move on and out. Our conversations were spanning over days, just talking about homework and superficial issues. I would see him around, but after a quick greeting, he would disappear. I asked him about it, and he apologized, with the amount of classes and his struggles in certain subjects, he told me that he was being tutored

"Go out. Find people. I would start by sitting down randomly in the dining hall."

"Ah, that's really hard." I countered. "And scary. How did you find Estonia?"

"Estonia...we crossed paths many times. His father tried to take over my lands, he was in most of my classes in first and second year, and he was my flatmate third year. But we officially became friends in an embarrassing situation that I do not wish to disclose."

"Really?"

"Shouldn't have said that." He laughed. "Estonia might tell you, I won't. But you have a better situation to foster friendship."

"So I should start like you said...randomly?"

"Yeah, definitely." Finland finished his meal and stared directly at me with full seriousness. "Tell the truth, don't you think we're boring?"

"Well, a little." I half smiled. "Sometimes it's boring, sometimes interesting."

"So you'll try today?" He said, as if I had made up my mind already. "Right?"

"Okay..." he wasn't going to let down, I guessed. Well, we'll have to try.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sunday evening. Night. Not rainy. And I was worried and full of doubtful thoughts. Standing outside the dining hall, holding up groups of people, and behaving like a mute person was not helping my chances or self esteem.

"Can you move?" Someone hissed in my ear and pushed me out of the way to go in. I swallowed down anger and pushed through the door. I went down later than usual time, and though the sound was amplified by one hundred in the hall, there weren't many students milling about. I filled my plate deliberately slowly, but I still had to choose a spot. But where? I had so many choice. Next to the quiet group that was playing cards? They looked suspicious and shady though. Next to the pair who was laughing? They'd probably not want me.

"Hey! Germany!" I heard my name from the back of the hall. The silence as I walked down was embarrassing and scary, but when I sat down, the noise went back to the high level. I recognised everyone in the group. America, Japan, Iceland and...Russia. "Hi."

"Hello." I greeted everyone, and Japan scooted over to create a spot between her and Russia.

"Hey," Iceland waved.

"Welcome back." Japan hugged me.

"Good evening." Russia said passively, only after America poked him in the side. All of their faces were painted with an expression as if they knew something.

"How are you?" Japan asked me. She was eating a crustacean with her fingers, coating it in a light red sauce.

"I'm fine."

"Just fine?"

"Yeah,"

"Anything that we can do to make your day amazing?"

"Eh. I'm kind of bored. I don't have many friends," I explained. "Scratch that, I have no friends. Unless you count one of my childhood friends that I don't see often."