27

It has been a while since the death message has hit the group: the departure of their very dear friend Norman.
It felt like an amount of days has passed since the Mama of the farm had broken Emma's leg, thought it has just been two: (Y/N) just did not have any motivation to get out of her bed.

"You still don't want to tell me about your shipment?", it was Ray, who had been sitting on the end of her bed for the past couple of minutes. Though in response she pulled up her covers ever so slightly above her ear, feeling the nausea once more after being reminded of shipments.

Shipments— why Norman? Why him? This doesn't make any sense..

There was nothing else that the girl could think about, she didn't eat, she didn't sleep, she didn't do anything that was required off of her and her usual everyday routine. Hearing one last sight, the end of her bed started to slowly feel lighter, Ray must've left.
With a complete dead look in her eyes, the questions and the guilt were starting to eat on her, killing her while letting her stay alive.

She didn't understand anything, it just didn't make sense however she looked at it. Besides, she found reasoning with Isabella pointless, she wouldn't get any valuable information off of her after she had found out that the most important cattle are finding out a way to escape.

Giving the girl the answer that she wants, would get them back up and escape for real.
She needed to crush their hopes and dreams.

Suddenly feeling a hand being placed on to her shoulder softly, (Y/N) jerked up as her train of thought was eradicated instantly. Having felt another ones touch after so long made her beautiful (E/C) orbs water.
The hands angelic touch shifted the covers down as soft as possible, a subtle gasp with a look at her eyes slowly dripping tears.
Noticing the behavior around her, she looked up, meeting raven eyes.

"Just what's wrong?", escaped his mouth as he quietly breathed, scared to make any sound.
Now though after days, she spoke up again— why keep quiet, It was pointless, it was all pointless: "It should've been me.", she said dryly.
"No", Ray moved to sit at her bed again, closer to her, "It better be none of us, (Y/N)."

Holding her with both arms now, he tried to reassure her, pulling her down to earth from her trance like state, bringing her back to reality from her self-made hell.
"Listen (Y/N)", with a soft touch he pulled her towards him, making her face the boy. His warm touch was something she had craved for a very long time now, just after they had all found out about everything and their peace was disturbed.
Looking at him with trampling, rosy lips and a flush on her cheeks, she listened to his hushed voice. "We, Emma and I, will try everything we can to make it seem like Norman will escape today."

Right, today was his shipment and instead of spending the last remaining time with him, all she did was stay kn her room, where a pit of misery had formed.

"But how are you going to try to do that-"
"We've already disabled his tracker, now, the rest should be easy.", he cut her off, holding her more tight, his grip on her shoulder and the reassuring look on his visage, almost breaking her.
Crystal clear tears dropped down her (E/C) eyes, past her puffed cheeks: "Is this really going to work, Ray?"

Gulping down the probably biggest lump he had ever in his throat, he slowly nodded, his hand rubbing her shoulder, pulling her towards him ever so slightly before—

Suddenly the door opened.
Emma stood on the left while their friend Norman on the right.
"Norman!", called out (Y/N), pulling off the covers as quickly as possible, making sure not to trip over it.
Hugging him tightly, she did not notice the gloomy atmosphere that suddenly engulfed the whole room.
"Norman, Ray told me that-"

"What the fuck are you doing here."
"Huh?", (Y/N) turned around, not getting the point of why Ray was suddenly so worked up. Emma pushed past the girl, throwing her crutches on to the ground and sitting on the bed. "You bastard..", growled Ray "Just what the hell where you thinking?!", he yelled, "You'll die if you stay here- get out of here and hide yourself this instant!"

"I refuse, I have no intention of doing so.", said Norman after a while slowly, taking the girls hands, trying to avoid her disbelief look. "What?"

"What do you mean Norman?", she asked, what does it all mean? A few seconds ago, Ray assured her of Normans safety, why is he acting like that right now?
"What is going on, guys..?", quietly, she looked into Emma's direction, her head down. Glancing up to Ray his expression was furious.
As their eyes met, compassion washed over the boys heart and his facial expression had softened. Eyes worn out, Ray looked on to the ground and a single breath escaped his lips:

"I'm sorry"