Chapter 1: Orphanage Grace Field

"They're at it again...?"

Being born and raised into the orphanage Grace Field-

"Good morning guys!"

Was never hard, because we were one big family that was constantly growing-

"Good morning, Emma."

But also loosing members.

"Someones fully of energy...", said a boy with bright hair, Norman. One of the smartest kids in Grace Field. He was interrupted by the soft voice of a(n) (H/C) haired girl, that was taking the tray full of cups from the boy besides Norman, to put them onto the table, "And you haven't even had breakfast yet!"

The same boy, (Y/N) got the tray of, frowned at Emmas loudness at the morning, "What are you, five?!", he asked while placing a hand onto his hip. The girl didn't take his comment lightly because her cheeks flared up out of anger and soon all kids that were surrounding her, scattered away fearfully, "I am eleven just like you two!", she shouted, "I'm just young at heart...", she said, matching the voice of (Y/N).

Chuckling, the only adult in the house called Emma, "Hey, Emma, I could use a hand."

"How could you be so mean, Ray?", giggling, the 10 year old (Y/N) asked her raven haired friend, who got startled by her sudden question. Upon realizing it was just her asking him, he blush adorned his cheeks. He never actually wanted her to view him as someone mean, he wanted her to like him, though he would never admit his feeling to her, or himself.

"I- erm.. uhh-", he never thought he would ever fail finding the right words, since he would always find something suitable, no matter what it is. Sighing, (Y/N) put the last remaining cups, that were on the tray, onto the table. "Just don't don't yell at her like that, we're supposed to be a family, right?", ethnic, language or how you looked. These things didn't matter here, but he still couldn't help but compare her gentle side with the one of the only adult.

Standing now there, in the middle of the dining hall, he looked at her tongue-tied. Ray glanced at the girls back, as she was in the process of getting herself seated to begin the breakfast, but he was quickly brought back into reality by the sound of a bell ringing; it was the so called Mama, who was ringing the bell.

"Right on time-", she said with a gentle smile, that was forming onto her lips, "Let us dig in.", as she was putting away the bell, she folded her hands for speaking a small prayer.

"As you all probably know, today is the 12th. October, meaning one of your siblings will join today another family.", spoke Mama, while she patted the head of a blonde, young girl, Conny. The one who will soon leave the house."Today, we want to celebrate our last time with her, so please, don't have any quarrels, but fill her memories with only happiness.", she glanced at the direction where Emma was seated and then closed her idle lilac eyes as her lips turned into a bright smile without hesitation. It was something she was doing good and something, she was doing for a long time. And for that long time, it was too long.

Wondering in silence  about how many children her non-birth mother had escorted to their deaths, she didn't notice how her friend Ray offered her a hand.

"Are you ready? We all are going out.", he said as he looked into her big (E/C) orbs that had seen everything. But everything quickly drowned into those (E/C) pools as she blinked. It's just Ray.

She accepted his nice offering with a small smile and a delicate hand reached his.

He wants her to live.