-Swiping Right-

Eye strain was becoming the new norm for her. It had been 5 weeks since Heartstrings had become her favourite dating app. It had been 5 weeks since she had first started indulging in conversations with him. 5 weeks since she had swiped right on his picture. 5 weeks since she had learned his name that now caused butterflies to erupt in her stomach at the sound of it. 5 weeks since they had gone on dates that involved her doing things she had given up on. It had been 5 weeks since they had spent hours on end communicating various emotions and discussing various topics. But now after 5 weeks the time had finally arrived. She knew what she felt for him and today she was going to tell him. She knew it was an insane move. That they had only known each other for 5 weeks but she didn't care. She wanted him and that's all that mattered. She had been using dating apps for a few years and ran into some interesting characters as she liked to call them. Some had been the age of her father. Some had been drug addicts. Some had been married with children, while some just wanted sex. But finding the right one had been a journey. Until she had met him. He had changed everything. He had shown her that being herself was enough.

Raising her hand Amelia knocked on his door and waited with bated breath. It was moments later that he opened the door. The love of her life, the man that she wanted to be with for the rest of her life was standing in front of her with a look of adoration and pure love. It was then that she knew everything was going to be okay. That the fear she had accumulated inside of her was slowly dissipating.

"Hey Baby, what are you doing here?"

"I.....

"Is everything okay? You look nervous."

This wasn't the time to be nervous and scared. It was time to admit what she had been feeling and she wasn't going to let this moment go. After all the turbulence that had gone on in her life she deserved this. And so taking a deep breath she spoke what she knew was her truth.

"Carter...I know that we have only known each other for 5 weeks. I know that we haven't known each other that long. I know we still have a lot to learn about each other but...I don't care. I want you to know that...I love you. I know that it sounds crazy but I have never felt this way before about anyone. You make me feel like I'm somebody and that I belong.  I don't know if you feel the same or not and you don't have to say it back but I just wanted to tell you how I felt before I chickened out."

As her spiel came to an end, Amelia glanced at Carter through black lashes and waited. She had done it. She had told him everything that had been enclosed in her heart and disclosed it to him. She just hoped that she hadn't lost him by doing this.

"Amelia..I love you too."

The sound of his declaration of love found its way into her eardrums. He loved her. He really did love her. The smile and tears that she had been trying to keep at bay, finally made an appearance. She let him encase her into his arms knowing that she didn't want to be anywhere else. Her dream had come true. She had met her perfect match. She had swiped right. 

AN: I hope you enjoyed this long one :D. Sorry for any errors. I did try to edit. If you have any suggestions or ideas that you would like me to write about do let me know. Also please do vote or leave a comment if you want to! 

-Tasha. 

Ps. @Purplejen2 this one's for you <3

The Encyclopedia Of DrabblesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara