Willow needs them - part 3 - episode 1

This time round we are going to meet our specialists in depth- what makes them the first line of defence. Those we love are those that will protect us thats what Willow will learn.

Willow's POV Specialists training is one of my favourite parts of the school

Willow's POV
Specialists training is one of my favourite parts of the school. It allows me to be with my favourite people all while doing the thing i love the most. Training. I was watching those around me train with Sky and Riven while Silva was giving his famous speech that he gives every year from what i can tell. Most of us could probably recite it off by heart. "So, after your classes, you are all mine. And i like the things i own to work well, so you will train everyday. Find your skill. Home your skill. And eventually you can learn to fight like them". That caught both me and Sky off guard as he threw the both of us weapons to demonstrate our skills with. In the instant i knew how this had to go.

I let Sky start off with the defence in order to distract Silva from the incoming. As soon as it looked like Silva had won when he took Sky's weapon from him and then blocked the secondary weapon, i took that as my shot to launch the vines forward that i had been growing in order to restrain him while Sky won the battle. I let out a chuckle at the looks on the first years faces at the fact that i a earth fairy would be joining them in training.

Sky let out the most beautiful laugh i think i had ever heard at the notion that even now after months away from proper training we still had the ability to beat the teacher. He then decided to be the Sky that i know and love and decide to dangle his near win in front of him by mocking "He fights even better with a bit of warning". Silva's face dropped with a slight blush across his face knowing he was so close. "I could have beat you if i didnt challenge Willow too". At the mention of my name I turned and gave him the most innocent smile i could muster up.

My abilities surely did shock the first years that much was evident when one piped up "Earth fairy at specialist training - i am confused". That's what I like about training they always seem to underestimate me due to being a fairy but what they dont realise is i am one of the most powerful fairies here and i dont want that responsibility. This training allows me to harness that power.

I was apparently in a trance that i was pulled out of noticing the smile that was adorned across Skys face dropped at the mention of his father and the legacy he holds "Sky's father was Andreas of Eraklyon. That made him a legacy admission, but he still showed up on the first day and did the work. Willow yes she is a first year fairy but she is the most powerful fairy you will meet, she has been training with us fir the past year. She will be training with us again this year- however she works and is partnered with Sky and occasionally Riven. You need to see how a fairy assists you look to them however it is important to note she will be the only fairy training with us on the regular"  I turned around a big smile across my face at the notion that he cared about us and respected us the way he did "Aww Silva you do really care". He smiled but instead of replying he decided to roll his eyes and turned his attention back to the first years.

"I expect nothing less from the rest of you, whether your are third generation and your parents demanded you come or if I personally selected you from your realms for service. That decision was made based on your natural talents in combat and weaponry and i expect to see that skill in evidence daily. This place will seem like hell... until actual hell comes. We are the first line of defence. A certainty when the future is uncertain."

Before i could make a comment Sky wrapped his arm around my shoulder whispering "come on lets go" in my ear. I nuzzled into his side as we walked towards Riven who had the biggest smile on his face. I laughed when his first words were "well, well, well looks like your stuck working with me too wills". I smiled at the thought of being able to work with my two best Friends two of the people that i trust the most. "As long as you trust me i will always trust you". He smiled and leaned over to kiss the top of my head replying "i will always and always have trusted you">

No ones point of view.
Sky smiled at the interaction between his two best friends the people he thinks of as his home wrapping his arms around Willow pulling her close while Riven moved forward giving them both the sentence that would help them the most when they needed it "trust is the thing that connects us- we will always trust you, your my favourite person you know everything- if that doesn't show how much i trust you the both of you I don't know what does"

Those that were observing would thing the two were a couple and maybe they would be but only the two would hear the next words she said to them " you are the people i have the most trust in to protect me". Non of them knew in that moment how true that sentence would become.

968 words

968 words

Disclaimer - i do not own the show