Part 3

After taking Tom and Harry to the airport you make your way home in a solemn mood. It's the early hours of the morning and you're almost the only person on the road. You decide to make a stop at your parents' house to pick up Tessa for a walk. You don't feel like going home yet.

As quietly as you can you enter the house. Your parents and Paddy are still asleep, you don't want to wake them up and think you're an intruder. The scratchy sound of Tessa's paws against the wood flooring pulls your attention towards the living room.

"Hey girl, how are you?" You whisper as you crouch down to pet her silky fur. The staffy lets out a little squeak before nudging her nose against your leg. You shush her with a small laugh, then get up to reach for her leash. A couple minutes later you're on your way to the park. The sky turns a light pink colour as the sun slowly rises and you can't help but smile. 

*

You return home much calmer after taking Tessa back to your parents. You hear shuffling from the kitchen when you enter the house and a moment later Harrison is standing across from you in the hallway.

"Where have you been?" His eyebrows are slightly raised as he looks at you.

You're momentarily distracted by the way his grey sweatpants hang low on his hips but you quickly shake it off and reply, "I took Tom and Harry to the airport and then I was so wired up that I picked up Tessa and went to the park with her." You toe of your shoes as Harrison takes a few steps closer.

"I was a little worried when you weren't here when I got up. Thought you'd be back from the airport by then" He smiles at you a little sheepishly and your heart swells a little at his words.

"I'm sorry"

He's standing right in front of you now "Hey it's okay" He moves a strand of hair out of your face and it feels like your heart stops beating for a second before pounding against your ribcage.

You're still confused why you're suddenly feeling this way towards Harrison. You can't stop staring at him, the air between you feeling charged with something intense. You lick your dry lips before clearing your throat and forcing yourself to take a step back, dissipating the tension between you.

"Did you make tea already?" You walk to the kitchen, Harrison following you a moment later.

"I did" He nods with a smile, then pours you a cup which you accept with a thank you. "How did saying goodbye go?" He asks and sits down at the kitchen island.

You join him and shrug your shoulders, "Not much different from all the other times. It doesn't really get easier" the corners of your mouth pull down on their own accord as you think about Tom and Harry leaving.

"That's true" Harrison sighs, "But hey, now we have the house all to ourselves" You don't know if you're interpreting too much into his words, but there's a certain shimmer in his eyes that makes you think this attraction isn't one-sided at all.

*

Throughout the first week of being alone in the house with Harrison you figured out that you both like the same spot on the sofa, so it's become a bit of a race to get there first.

Today you're the one who got lucky. You snuggle yourself into the corner of the L-shaped couch and stick your tongue out at Harrison as he enters the living room and his shoulders slump when he sees you sitting there comfortably.

"Every time" He chuckles under his breath and shakes his head a little before sitting down close to you, propping his feet up next to yours. He's so close you're surrounded by his scent and it takes a lot of strength from you to not close your eyes and inhale deeply. He smells so good.