Story 4--Skating Trip

Começar do início

"Glad you like it," Tadashi grinned back at you.

"Let's go change our skates," Hiro motioned for you to head to the change rooms.

You all went in and changed your skates, then got outside and onto the ice. Seconds later after you got a feel for the ice, the rest of the gang came in-Fred, Honey Lemon, Wasabi, and Gogo all showed up with duffle bags on their shoulders.

"Hey guys!" you waved to them. Tadashi was skating beside you as he approached them too.

"What's up?" Fred asked casually. Honey Lemon grinned and gave a cheerful wave.

"So glad you could join us," Hiro called, skating over to where everyone else was.

"How have you been?" Gogo asked you, and you grinned.

"Busy, but feeling great," you said.

"We should probably get our skates on," Honey Lemon told the others. "We'll see you guys in a bit!" she added, waving at you as the group went to the change rooms.

You started to skate off again, just completely lost in the rhythm of the skates scratching the ice. Scrape, scrape, scrape. You didn't notice the rest of the group show up on the rink, or Tadashi trying to catch up with you, and the tears kept coming down your eyes due to sheer cold.

Suddenly, a tune that you have heard of many times back home, (Y/F/S), started blaring out of the speakers. It was funny, you really like the song but rarely got to listen to it. At that moment however, you just nodded to yourself as the music began to play.

"That's my favourite song!" Tadashi cried, and you jumped, startled, as you turned to see him beside you. He unexpectedly grabbed your hand and started dragging your to the centre of the rink.

"Wait, Tadashi, what are you doing?" you asked.

"I'm going to be crazy for a bit, but let's just dance away to this thing!"

You gaped at him. "But I don't do ice dancing!"

"Me neither!" Tadashi replied. "Come on!"

How crazy can this idea get?

The moment the beat dropped, he started to groove along, and you kind of loosened up too, swaying to the beat. Then he started doing unexpected things. He grabbed your hand and started twirling you around, gently so that you don't fall, and sometimes you ended up together, arms around each other like professional dancers, sometimes you were at quite a distance, as you experimented footwork that you could manage. Back and forth, back and forth your bodies went as the ice suddenly turned into a dance floor for you to skate on. You were surprised at how much you could do. You never realized how much fun ice dancing really was! Whenever Tadashi saw you about to fall, he caught you with ease and helped you get back up again. Though it looked like you were experienced, this was completely new to you.

Soon, people started to make room for the both of you, your best friends included. Hiro and the rest of the group nodded along to the beat while watching you, while Honey Lemon took out her phone and filmed you two dancing it away.

The improvised dance routine became a blur. The next thing you knew, just as the song ended, you ended up in a slight dip, Tadashi's right arm on your back to support you as you tried not to slip. Breathing hard, you eventually got up and ended up in Tadashi's arms as he hugged you so hard, and eventually gave you a kiss on the head.

The crowd went wild, but none went wilder than your best friends, who were literally cheering and clapping and whooping. As you turned my head to look at your friends, they all started to surround us on the ice.

"Group hug!" Fred cried, and everyone gathered together for a tight group hug. Surprisingly, none of you slipped.

After you all separated, some of the other skaters started approaching you and Tadashi.

"Did you guys ever do this before?"

"How long have you guys been together?"

"You guys were awesome!"

"Can we have your autographs?"

The time passed by quickly as pictures were taken, questions were answered, and autographs were signed on different Polaroid pictures and random pieces of paper with Honey Lemon's sharpie. At one point, a woman gave you a bouquet of flowers each.

"You were amazing," she told you both. You smiled at her, and Tadashi brought you closer to him. "Is this your first time trying the ice dancing?"

"Yeah," you answered.

"Keep it up," she encouraged. "You two make wonderful skating partners." Then she skated away, but her daughter remained with you.

"One day, I wanna skate just like you," she whispered to you, wrapping her arms around your legs.

You returned the hug graciously. "I know you will," you whispered back. Then she let go and skated away to catch up with her mom.

"That was something," Tadashi told you eventually.

"That was a first," you clarified for him. Then you leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek before he cupped your face in his hands and you shared a kiss on the ice, both of you so breathless you hardly took it far.

You broke off first, smiling as you stared in his eyes, smiling and giving him a hug, careful not to squish his bouquet. "We should do this again some time," you finally suggested.

"Oh yeah, definitely," you heard Tadashi chuckle, as the two of you stood in the middle of the rink with your arms around each other for a long time.

Edit 10/13/15: I just realized how many mistakes there were because I once uploaded this on Instagram but used so many "I's" instead of "you's" so of course there were like a lot of "I's" still in there...I hoped I managed to fix all of them though. :)