Chapter 15: 'Eda's Advice'

Start from the beginning

"Such a drama queen," Eda said. Luz looked between the two, "What's up with the hats?" She asked, pointing at King. Eda shrugged her shoulders. "Don't know, he's had those things since I rescued him. I don't dare take it away from him. One time I tried, and he almost bit my hand off!"

Luz chuckled and put a hand on King's fur, petting him a bit. She looked down at the dog a bit before she could feel Eda get up. "I'm gonna got get us some drinks, want anything?" She asked. Luz asked for some water and the older woman went into the kitchen.

She came back with a bottle of cold water and a cup of tea for herself. She sat back down on the chair as Luz took a sip of the water. "So...who was the girl?" Eda asked with an eyebrow wiggle. Luz choked on her water a bit and her eyes widened.

"Wh-what girl! I don't know a girl!" Luz panicked, feeling her face turn red. "Jeez kid, you got it bad," The woman said with a chuckle. Luz awkwardly laughed with her. "Don't worry, I don't judge. I had a girlfriend once...wonder where she is now," Eda mumbled out a bit.

"Anyways, you can tell me. I'm all ears," Eda said. Luz let out a deep breath, as she put her water down on a coaster.

"Well, her name is Amity Blight and-" Luz started saying before she was cut off. "No Way! A Blight! How'd you manage to do that?!" Eda said as she leaned out of her chair a bit. Luz shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know either?!" She said with the same tone.

"But, the thing is...She's my best friend and I don't want to ruin that," Luz said with a small frown. Eda took notice of Luz's sudden reaction and decided to take charge. "Hey Luz, listen to me real quick," Eda said.

Luz looked up at the older woman. Eda gave her a small smile. "From what I saw out there, I could tell that girl was head over heels for you. My suggestion, just go for it. I didn't do that and I regret it every day," Eda said.

Her words made Luz smile a bit, "Thanks Eda, I'll try," Luz said. They both leaned back into their seats, Luz rose an eyebrow and crossed her arms. "What about you, what happened to your girlfriend?" Luz interrogated.

Eda rolled her eyes but gave in. For the rest of the night, until her mom got home, Luz and Eda stayed talking and sharing laughs. It was nice to have another adult she could talk to.

Luz eventually went home, wishing Eda a goodnight and walking into her own house. Her mom asked about the lady next door, and Luz told her everything from the key thing to now, but she left out a few details of course.

---

Luz got ready for bed and she laid down on her sheets. Today had been, well...eventful.

Her lamp on her nightstand illuminated the room just enough to see what was around her. Posters and other belongings scattered around. Her room was a bit of a mess, but she didn't care about that right now.

She was too busy smiling to care about anything right now. If you were to ask Luz what she was feeling right now, the only right answer would be lovesick.

Thoughts of the Blight filled her head, and even though it was a bit cliché, she could care less. Almost felt like she was in a movie.

The moment was cut off by her mom knocking on her door. Luz had sat up in her sheets and said she could come in. The door creaked open to reveal her mom ready for bed in her pajamas.

"Lights out in 10 minutes alright," she said. Luz nodded happily, "Alright mom!" She said. Camila rose an eyebrow, "You're oddly chipper today, what's going on?" She said, walking into the room and sitting on the foot of Luz's bed.

A light blush flushed Luz's face, "Nothing, just feeling happy," she had lied. She wished she could tell her mom about Amity, but she didn't know how to tell her.