1- New Year | Jonah

"Babe, are you ready? We're gonna be late for the party." Jonah yelled downstairs as you put on your earrings.

"Ok, I'm coming," You yelled back.

You were on your way to a New Year countdown party with your boyfriend, Jonah and he was getting impatient. Probably because You were taking too long to get ready but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

"Babe, c'mon. We're already late." He said hugging you from behind.

You placed your hand on his arm.

"Don't worry I'm almost done and we'll be fashionably late." You smiled.

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Are you done yet?"

"I just need to put on my earrings," you said.

"Mmk."

You put on your second earring. "Ok, now I'm done." You did a little twirl. "So, what do you think?"

"Beautiful, absolutely stunning." He said causing you to blush.

"Thank you, you're looking quite handsome." You smiled.

He was looking casual in his jeans and t-shirt with a black jacket to top it off.

▪▪▪

"About time you guys got here." Said Christina, my best friend, and Corbyn's girlfriend.

"Yeah, someone decided to take their time," Jonah said shooting you a look.

"Well, it takes time to look this fabulous," You said flipping your hair.

You and Christina burst into fits of giggles.

Jonah shook his head but you could see a smile forming on his face.

"Anyway, you have to see the food here. It's amazing." Christina said grabbing you by the arm and pulling you across the room to where the snacks were located.

"Strawberries!" You exclaimed. Strawberries were your absolute favorites.

"I know right! And they're so good." She said picking one up.

"Really, Christina? You know she's going to get distracted by those." Jonah said.

"What are you talking about?" Christina said, pretending to be innocent.

"C'mon Y/N, we gotta go say hi to some people," Jonah said stretching out his hand towards you.

"Can't you go alone?" You asked stuffing your face with strawberries.

"Please, I don't want to talk to random people alone." He pouted.

He knew you were a sucker for that.

"Fine." You groaned placing your hand in his.

"Yes!" He grinned sticking his tongue out at Christina.

You rolled your eyes at their childish behavior.

▪▪▪

It was official, you had lost your boyfriend. One second you were greeting people the next everyone was getting ready for the new year and you had somehow lost Jonah through all the chaos.

It was around two minutes till the new year and you wanted to get your new year's kiss.

One minute... you were frantically looking around trying to locate Jonah through the crowd.

30 seconds... you saw him across the room also looking around for you. He caught your eye and rushed towards you as you did the same.

10 seconds... you were relieved you were going to make it. Then someone stopped to say hi to him and possibly wish him well for the new year and you panicked again. This would be the first year you would be together for the new year.

5 seconds... He walked towards you quickly as he reached you just in time.

"Hi." He smiled.

"Hi."

3...

2...

1...

You pressed a soft kiss unto his lips as the confetti above was released creating a colorful shower.

"Happy New Year love." He said kissing you once again.

"Happy New Year."

🐞🥀♡🥀🐞

i wrote this like in new year for 2020 lol

so that's probably why it sucks

alsoo hello and welcome to my book :)

u can also check out my daniel book called prank texts which will probably be up by the time i post this

comment or vote so i know someone is reading this :)

n e wayss

recommended songg iss

dream by shawn mendes

April 17, 2021

- esther