Stupid School

Damian grumbled to himself, slowly fixing his shirt. It was his first day of school. Peter was excited to come, and Evaline was happy she convinced her dad to let her come to school here. Damian was not happy about this. He hated school, but he also hated the feeling it brought. It felt like he was replacing his family; like he was creating a new life. Damian tried to stop these thoughts. He wasn't replacing his family, he was going to be with them as soon as the machine was fixed. Damian took a deep breath, looking at himself in the mirror. 

He was wearing the school uniform, a blazer with a white button-up shirt under it and some trousers. They were in the school colours, maroon and white. With one last calming breath, Damian walked out of the room. Evaline was already there, swinging her legs on the counter. She smiled at Damian and hopped off the counter. "Hey D, are you excited!" Evaline exclaimed. She was always this energetic, maybe it was a genetic thing? Damian just mumbled under his breath, waiting for Peter so they could leave. 

Peter came running up to them, gasping for air. "Wow, Peter, you aren't late" Evaline laughed. Damian clicked his tongue, before walking towards the door. "You excited," Peter asked when he finally caught up to Damian. Damian rolled his eyes, "Of course not, I already know the stupid things these imbeciles teach." Evaline laughed, "Sorry, forgot you were a genius." Damian just walked into the elevator, ignoring the chatter behind him.

"I'm excited for you guys to meet Ned and MJ," Peter said, going on a small rant about them. Damian tried to ignore what Peter was saying, but god did he talk a lot. Evaline seemed happy listening to Peter ramble so Damian stayed quiet. Damian shifted in his clothes. He felt uncomfortable, but he didn't know what was making him act weird. His clothes seemed to be too tight, gripping around his neck. Logically, he knew that his shirt was loose enough it wouldn't strangle him, but it didn't help the feeling. The feeling that he couldn't breathe.

He cleared his throat when the elevator opened, stepping out in a high-fashion manner. Damian gripped his bag a little tighter. "C'mon guys, I'll show you guys where to go" Peter glowed. He seemed so happy to have them coming to school with him. Damian swallowed his pride for one second and just let Peter be happy. Peter led them outside, showing them the streets of New York. The air was thick and smelled horrible. It was too cold for Peter to be so energetic. Damian examined the streets around him. It was filled with people trying to get to work; full of cars speeding past them. There was garbage on the road and streets. Damian sneered at the sight of it, how could people be so irresponsible. 

When they finally made it to the school, it was worse than Damian could ever imagine. The large words "Midtown High School" greeted them. There were teenagers all around, chatting and walking. Damian shuttered at this. He's been through many things, He has even died, but this has to be the worst thing he has ever done. Damian took a deep breath and walked with the others inside the school. Damian stayed close to Peter, not wanting to interact with any of the other imbeciles in this school. 

Some called out Peter's name, which caused Peter to stop. A smile came onto Peter's face when he heard who called him. "Ned, Michelle!" Damian stopped, looking up at Peter for a moment. Then, he looked down and saw who called Peter. There was a girl, curly dark hair with an annoyed look on her face. She was pretty, dark skin with baggy clothes. Next to her was a guy, He had a similar skin tone to Damian, but his hair was lighter and longer. He had a large smile on his face. 

"Who are they," The girl asked. Peter smiled, "Michelle, Ned, meet Damian and Evaline." Evaline gave a big smile, "Nice to meet you!" Damian just nodded his head, looking away from their eyes.  Peter smiled, "Me and Damian have science first." Damian clicked his tongue, "It's Damian and I, Peter." Peter just smiled at Damian. Peter guided Damian toward their science class. Damian followed behind him. He turned back to the duo he had just met. 

They were whispering about something with the biggest smiles on their faces. These were looking at Damian, smiling at the poor boy. Damian just turned around and ducked his head, trying to hide the blush on his cheeks from Peter. Thankfully, Peter was too busy babbling about some science project. Damian walked closely beside Peter, avoiding all of the gazes sent his way.

When they finally got to class and sat down, there were quiet whispers filling the class. Damian paid no attention to it, instead, turning to face Peter. He smiled at Damian, "You excited for class?" Damian rolled his eyes, "So excited." Peter laughed at Damian's comment which made Damian's stomach tingle. Damian cleared his throat, a weak attempt to distract Peter. 

The teacher finally got to class. They introduced themselves to the class before getting started on a lesson. Damian sighed; he already knew everything the teacher was teaching. Damian opened his notebook and decided to doodle on the page instead. Each line of the small drawing was precise. The gentle sound of the pen stroking the paper took Peter away from his school work. 

Damian was drawing a small sketch of a city. Peter assumed it was Gotham because he had never seen that city before. It was dark and gloomy, showing off the shadows that seemed to consume the city. There weren't any colours, only the different shades of grey that went over the building. Peter turned his head to the side, attempting to get a better look at the drawing. 

Damian turned to look at Peter, quickly hiding his drawing. Peter just smiled at him. "It's good," He said before turning back to his work. Damian just looked away from Peter, starring at the notebook in front of him. Damian could not wait for this day to be over.