Ch. 12 - SMOKE AND MIRRORS

Harlow's outfit

Chapter Twelve 💰 Smoke and Mirror 💰

Chapter Twelve
💰 Smoke and Mirror 💰

"You guys are not going to Mexico." Stilinski said, pointing at his kids as he shut the door to his office, "Dad, Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico, okay? I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico!" Stiles said and Stilinski sighed and shook his head as be walked around his desk.

"Okay. Even if Deaton is right about this... the best thing to do is to go through the proper channels." Stilinski said making Harlow scoff slightly, "What? No, dad-" She went to argue but her father cut her off. "That means calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points." Stilinski said making Stiles sigh in frustration.

"Dad, we can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices, okay? Someone needs to go down there right now, find them, and rescue them! We're going." Stiles said and Harloe nodded while Stilinski raised his eyebrows at them.

"I can keep you from going." He said and Harlow raised her hand up slightly, "See now, the great part about no longer being a minor is that I don't actually have to listen to you anymore. And you know Stiles would find away to still go." She said and Stiles pointed at her and nodded. "I can throw you in a cell." Stilinski said and Stiles shook his head, "I'd still find a way." He said making Stilinski sigh.

"Guys, please- just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then I'll book three flights to Mexico. We'll all go. Okay?" Stilinski asked making Harlow and Stiles glance at each other and nod.

"Okay. Okay, great. Do I get a gun?" Stiles said making Stilinski look at him crazy, "No." He said and Harlow pursed her lips. "Could I get a gun? Consider I actually know how to use one." Harlow asked and Stilinski squinted at her, "Still no." He said before walking out making her frown slightly.

"We're not going to wait are we?" Stiles asked and Harlow chuckled and shook her head, "Of course not. I already knew he'd say no so I called Breaden and Derek before we got here. They're getting everything ready." She said before walking out the office making him follow her.

💰

"Here, try that." Stiles says as he hands Malia an article of Scott's clothing from the closet. Malia brings it up to her nose then shakes her head, "Fabric softener." She said. He glanced around before running onto the bathroom making Malia and Harlow follow him to see him pull out a pair of boxers from the hamper.

"Remember, Scott's life is on the line." Stiles said when both girls made a face and Harlow started shaking her head. "No, no. You are not making your girlfriend sniff your best friend's underwear." She said before walking over to Scott's bed and tossing Malia a pillow. Malia brings it up to her nose and them nods, shooting Stiles a look as he pursed his lips, "Yeah, that works, too."