| Chapter 7 |

AYLIN'S POV

As I sip my morning coffee, I think about how it's been 9 days since Zander and I had coffee, not that I'm counting or anything, pssht why would I? Bzz, bzz Hey! R u doin anything 2day? speak, wait think of the devil. Do I reply now, or later? God, I've never been this indecisive before. 

I'll just text now in case he changes his mind, No, not really. Why? does that sound too formal? I delete the message and retype, Nope y? too casual? 'Whatever' I hit send and anticipate his reply. 'Why hasn't he texted back? It's been a whole of,' I check when the message was sent, '28 seconds.'

(Aylin) "Uhh, stop obsessing over him."

(Clara) "Stop obsessing over who?"

'Shit, I didn't hear Clara come in.' "Uhh, the media over that one celebrity."

(Clara) "About who? I didn't know you followed the latest goss." 

'Shit, shit' "I don't, I just get random notifications from social media apps. Check out the latest gossip on blah di da di dah." I cover.

(Clara) "Ohh, if you say so." Bzz, bzz. My phone notifies a new message. I check it immediately to see Zander has replied. "Damn, you checked that fast. Who texted you?"

(Aylin) "No one. It's nothing important."

"Ah-ah, I don't believe you." and with that, she snatches my phone. 

(Aylin) "Hey!"

(Clara) "Oooh, it's Zander, let's read what it says." *facepalm* "Let's go to the arcade!" She starts typing on my phone, "Yeah sure, is it okay if my friend comes?"

(Aylin) "No, don't se-"

(Clara) "And send." 

My phone vibrates in her hand. I peer over her shoulder, Who? Weird shirt chick from the mall?  'Oh shit, all hell is gonna break loose.' I quickly snatch my phone and reply, Hey! That's my best friend u're talking abt, only I get to insult her. And yeah, her!' I can feel Clara peep over to see the phone's screen properly. I get an instant reply, Geez okay. I'm sorry, she can come, is she going to bring someone? 

(Clara) "Ooh, I can bring Darryn, I haven't seen him in a while." 

"You literally went on your 1-month anniversary date last night," I say as I type Why does she need someone? This is NOT a double date. 

(Zander) I never said it was a date, I just want to get to know you better and I don't want your friend to feel lonely.

(Aylin) Okay, she'll bring her boyfriend.

(Zander) Okay, so I'll meet you at Retro Arcade around 11? And then we can have lunch as well?'

(Aylin) Yup, okay. See you at 11. 

»»——————————««

I stand outside the Retro Arcade at 10.54, 'Better to be early than late' I know Clara will be here in a couple of minutes as Darryn picked her up half an hour early to grab a quick coffee. I look down at my phone to check the time and when I look up, Zander is walking up with two kids. 

(Zander) "Aylin! You're here, hi"  

(Aylin) "Hi back and yes here I am, why wouldn't I be? You have kids?"

The young boy shies behind Zander as the girl pops her chest and takes her hand out for me to shake. "Hi, I'm Zelda, nice to finally meet you Aylin."