Finally just after 5pm, I heard the lock click on the front door. Act cool Morgan. Don't scare him. You got this. I had a plan.

I sat on the couch with my diary in front of me as Joey walked in trying to act cool even though my insides were a mess. An instant smile when he see's me, just like everyday.

"Hey baby," he greets, kissing me on the head as he removes his tie from his smart white button up.

"Hi, how was your day?" I asked, forcing myself to sound normal.

"Productive. I locked myself away today and finished a few client files, I'm all caught up now after our holiday. What have you got there?" He asked, pointing to my diary.

"I'm just planning. I'm going to need you to take some time off in August."

"August? But that's 9 months away, what are you planning that far... no way!" He gasps as the penny drops.

"Morgan! Are you telling me what I think you are?" He says excitedly as he leaps over the back of the couch to sit beside me and grab both my hands.

I burst into tears and nod. "It happened, we... we're having a baby!"

Joey pulled me into his lap and held me close, his own tears falling down his face. "I love you so much," he muttered.

"It's happening. It's really going to happen!"

It's amazing how much more you appreciate something when it was such a hard journey to get there.

4 weeks later

We pulled up to the Cameron Estate and judging by the other cars already here, we were last to arrive.

"Are you sure you want to tell them today babe? It's still early and things could still go wrong," Joey asked.

While he has been amazing, he is also worrying more than me about something going wrong. It was such a journey to get this far that sometimes it feels like we are waiting to have it ripped away.

Yesterday we had our first scan. A dating scan to give our due date and when we heard that super fast, healthy little heartbeat we both burst into tears.

"I'm sure. Even if something were to go wrong, they are our family and they would want to be there for us. You know that your mom and Harper are already going to be annoyed we have waited this long to tell them!"

"They will understand though? Won't they?" He asked, his brow furrowing with worry.

"Babe, you worry too much. You gotta work on that before this baby comes! You can't bubble wrap our lives, or the baby!" I laugh. "Come on, I'm excited for this!"

Finally climbing out of our car we make our way into the house. Unsurprisingly the family are seated around the large dining room table enjoying an antipasto platter, beers for the men and wine for the ladies.

"Oh finally! You're here!" Sophia exclaims as we walk into the room.

"Hey mom," Joey greets.

"Hi darling," she says as she hugs him tight. "Hello sweetie, can I get you a wine? I got that one you loved at Christmas time!" She says to me.

"Oh, um. Sure," I replied, not wanting to give us away before executing our plan. I glanced around the room, realising Beau wasn't here. "Sophia, where's Beau?"