An amusement park and familiar people.

Start from the beginning

I stuck my tongue out at Riley, she pinched my arm, making me yelp.

I pinched her back.

We glared at each other.

Clara pulled both of us apart and started walking in between us.

"Hey!" The both of us said in sync.

"I swear to god, we are turning right back if you both continue acting like babies." She said giving us a look.

That shut the both of us up.

But, after a few minutes we were bickering and laughing again.

And that's how our walk to the park went.

Me and Riley bickering in childish arguments and laughing at lame jokes, while Clara was threatening and shutting us up every few minutes.

"Finally." Clara said as we reached the entrance of the park.

The both of squealed and jumped, earning a few looks from people.

I glanced at Riley wiggling my eyebrows.

She widened her eyes and said "No you don't, Arielle."

But did I listen? Nope, I didn't.

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me towards the lake to our usual table, which was under a cherry tree.

It was a table for three. We usually sit here whenever we grace the park with our presence.

It will take around five more minutes for the other two to arrive. Riley, will walk slowly, while Clara will have to come with her cause she can't let Riley walk alone.

I dropped my bag on the table and sat on the ground beside the tree and looked around.

Nothing new, the usual.

Just then, I noticed the table two tables away from ours.

It was a table for eight. There were four boys seated with a middle-aged couple.

There were two empty seats.

They were laughing and smiling but I could tell that it didn't reach their eyes.

I wonder whether they are okay?

Why am I worrying?

Hate to admit, but they looked so familiar.

It was like I had known them my whole life.

Why do they look so familiar?

I whacked my brain trying to remember who they were, but my dumb brain was blank.

Before, I realized it, I was staring at them.

"ARIELLE ROSALINE HAZEL!!!" screamed Riley, the whole park may have heard my name.

I snapped out of my trance, and looked at her, she was stomping towards me in her heels with a very scary glare.

I looked at Clara for help. She gave me an apologetic smile.

I don't know what but whenever I run to our table leaving the both of them behind, Riley gets so mad.

"Oh hey, Riley! Nice weather don't you think?" I said hoping that it would calm her down and slowly getting up.

"YEAH, NICE WEATHER IT IS ARIELLE! I THINK IT WILL BE NICER, IF YOU RUN, SO THAT I DON'T KILL YOU AND RUIN A NICE DAY!" She screamed.

So, I did what any sane person would do. I ran, screaming bloody murder.