An alarm clock and hugs

Beep. Beep. Beep

I swear on apples and cheese that one day a very dumb invention named the alarm clock will be suffering in the hands of a very brutal and cruel murderer named Arielle Hazel.

Yeah. You guessed right. I'm Arielle Hazel.

A bit wrong on the murderer part though.

I'm a very nice person unless you wake me up or steal my chocolate or hurt my loved ones.

I mean who wants to wake up early in the morning after a sleepless night of watching The Lion King.

Don't judge me.

I love Disney.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I reached out my hand to switch it off. A little more Ari and you'll shut the sleep-depriving monster up. So, I gathered all the energy I had which is not much and stretched- THUD!!

One second  I'm stretching out to switch off my alarm clock the next I'm sprawled like an octopus on the floor with my blankets hugging me like Draculas all around my body.

Yep.

I fell from the bed.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Won't it ever shut up? I tried raising my hand to the bedside table to switch the object which has the trucking AUDACITY to deprive me of my sleep.

But, guess what? My hands are too short.

I hate this.

Three.

Two.

One.

You can do this Arielle.

I gathered the very little energy that I had and stood up in a swift motion only to go tumbling down and knock my head on the edge of the bed frame.

Oh pickles!! I totally forgot the bloody monsters wrapped around my legs.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Pain. Undeniably irresistible  stabbing in my head.

Pain shoots across my head. It took all it had in me to patiently untangle the Draculas around my legs.

"I love you too blankets!! I know you miss me and all but you can hug me at night. When I'm sleeping. Now please let go so that I can come back to you later. Don't worry love! I won't forget you!"

I said to my blankets, while patiently pulling them off me.

Don't judge me.

Being weird and smart at the same time is a gift.

Okay, maybe not weird.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I screamed internally in frustration and slammed my hand on the alarm clock.

Glaring and scowling, I got up and turned around to see my roommates and best friends Clara and Riley staring at me with wide eyes.

What did I do?

I'm not naked am I?

I glanced down.

Nope. Not naked. Cookie pyjamas still on my body.

I gave them a confused look tilting my head to the side.

"Did you just talk to your blankets?" Riley said slowly.

So that's what got these two chocos so worked up.

"Of course I did. They seemed to love me so much that they refused to let go. I didn't want to as well. But, fate has deemed us apart."