xxi. real life, messages

real life!

Water trickles down Adira's skin. Her head leans back, resting on Justin's shoulder. His fingers follow the droplets down her stomach. Cold water hits her breasts, and she shivers. She bites her lip softly. Her dainty fingers move to circle her hardened nipples. Her blue eyes watch their shadows paint the picture of two entwined bodies losing themselves in one another.

Bliss, she thinks, as she flips in his arms and presses a kiss to his neck. She moves down, kissing his chest, then his stomach, then his palms, before her lips find a path back up his body.

He leans in close to her. "It's too early for you to be a tease."

She giggles, flattening her hands on his chest. "And it's too early for you to be a big baby."

Rolling his eyes, he cuts off her laughter with a hot kiss. This kiss is urgent and needy. Her head is in the clouds, like the entire world stops just so they can share that moment with one another. He pulls away, and she plants her lips right back on his. She couldn't get enough, but he could.

He breaks the kiss, laying his hands on the soft skin of her waist. "Baby, I have to meet with the lawyers today, but, when I get back, I'm going to show you just how much I appreciate this beautiful body."

She huffs. "I don't think I can wait till then."

"Okay. Let's do a quick one," he relents.

Something makes her stop and look at him. His eyes are flat, like he would rather be anywhere else. She became skilled in everything Justin Bieber when they had been together all those years back. She knew how bright his eyes burned when he truly desired her.  She remembers those words he used to whisper to her in the dead of night: "Follow your heart, and it will see you free." Now, she is scared. She had come to depend on him and his words and his body, but he was setting himself free, and there was nothing she could do to change his mind.

Before she could think too hard, she turns around and takes a deep breath, as if preparing for a battle she would never win. She focuses on Justin's fingers, delicately working the shampoo into her hair. "That feels so good, J."

He kisses her shoulder. "Good."

After rinsing her hair, he pushes her naked back against the shower wall. She looks at him solemnly as he takes her body for the last of its worth, claims her soul for a final time. She just listens as he slides into her. She whimpers as he groans and moans in her ear. She takes it as he pounds into her, basking in her temporary pleasures. She throws her head back, finding her release.

A heavy silence falls over the shower as he finishes inside her. "I'm going to get ready now," Justin finally says. He stares at her spread legs for a moment, like he knows this is the last time he will see her like this—breathlessly gasping from the high of her orgasm, nipples perked, cheeks flushed, pussy sopping.

"Okay." It is a noncommittal utter of acceptance. Her blue eyes meet his brown ones for a single second. Everything they were and are and could have been seemingly swallows her. She is barely above water, arms held up to the sky, begging for a hand to reach down and take her to the heavens.

No more glances are shared. His tattoo-covered body—tattoos she had spent countless nights tracing, and kissing, and enjoying—walks to turn off the shower, then he picks up his clothes, and then he is gone.