𝟐𝟗. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

13 years later....

"gracie! dylan! come downstairs to see your godparents!" i yelled. the two came down and saw the familiar faces.

"how are you guys?" i asked, so happy to see them again. i know i saw them last week and i text them everyday, but i still miss them.

"we've been good, charlie say hello" amy and josh stepped aside to let their little son peek through. "hello" he waved with his tiny arm.

two more people walked to the front door.
"sofia! hey" i said and hugged her tightly. her husband, leo hugged me as well.
"hi! i brought some muffins, blueberry and strawberry. your fave" i took the basket and lead them inside. "so how are you?"
"i'm good. i've been busy, but it's nice to have these moments together" i nodded in agreement.

the doorbell rang and louis ran to get the door.

"millie!" they hugged and i walked over.
"forgetting someone?" she ran to me and squeezed me so tightly, i almost ran out of breath.
"hey! i'm here too!" finn came out holding a baby in his arms, "meet lily."
the tiny baby's hand latched onto my pinky. she was precious.

three more heads popped up behind them.
"mia! thomas! aw hi olivia!" their daughter olivia ran past to gracie. they're best friends, just like their moms.
louis gave thomas a big hug and talked about how much their lives have changed since the last time they saw each other. on the other hand, me and mia saw each other yesterday.

gracie, dylan, and charlie ran around the house as we all caught up in the living room.

"millie, remember that time when we were on the roof setting up for my date with lou and you almost somersaulted off of the roof"
"yea, don't do gymnastics on a roof" she responded and burts of laughter filled the room.

we reminisced the times we belt lizzo songs, the fifty million times we went to the beach before sunset, all the times millie almost burnt down the kitchen, everytime we broke character and laughed during a take. we had the best time ever. they are my people and i love them so so much.

sometimes, i think about what would've happened if louis never moved to new york, or if i never auditioned, or if i decided i wanted to go to college. what would i be doing right now?

the kids came back and sat on their parents laps. gracie on louis and dylan on mine. we have children, we're married, and we're still best friends.

this wasn't about love. it was about friendship because whenever you're going through something, whether it be a breakup in an empty room before press junkets, or being confused about your feelings towards your mortal enemy. they'll always be there.

A/N
aww i hope you enjoyed the book!
i spent months on this book and it's finally over
thank you for reading it and (hopefully) liking it lol
it was really fun to make and i can't wait for the next one
i'm thinking of making another louis fanfic bc i'm still not over him and i don't think i ever will haha, but really
thank you guys! there were way more reads than i ever expected and that's really cool
1k reads!!!! what?!?! oh my gosh! thank you thank you thank you for reading this! i'm literally crying
okay i'm gonna go sob, i love u !
- xx, s.a.