Chapter 2- Pilot Part 2

Chapter two- Pilot part 2

Here's Part 2 of the Pilot! I've decided that Hailey is going with the group to get supplies and then Harper is staying because she stayed normally and there would be too many people going then. Enjoy!

*

Hailey and Harper look around and see people splitting off into groups, two people catch their eyes and they focus their attention on them. The blonde girl points to a small peak over the treetops, then looks back to the boy-Finn. Curious about their conversation, Hailey walks over to the two dragging Harper along despite her protests.

"Hi! I'm Hailey and this is Harper." Hailey said when they got up to the two.

The girl gave her a weird look and said, "I'm Clarke, nice to meet you."

Hailey was about to ask what she was doing when a boy came up. It was Wells. He came over and barely gave the girls a glance as he turned to Clarke and told her, "We got problems. The communications system is dead. I went to the roof. A dozen panels are missing. Heat fried the wires."

"Well, all that matters right now is getting to Mount Weather. Look. This is us. This is where we need to get to if we want to survive." Clarke explained pointing at the map in her hands.

"So about a few miles out and we'll find the Mountain?" Harper questioned Clarke.

"Yeah, about." Clarke with a confident face.

Wells had a confused face and then asked,"Where'd you learn to do that?" But after seeing her expression he said solemnly, "Your father."

Then there was the awkward silence. It was thankfully broken when a boy came over and saw the map in Clarke's hand.

"Ah, cool, a map. They got a bar in this town? I'll buy you a beer."

Hailey chuckled and Harper smiled, but Wells came over and shoved the boy back while saying, "You mind?"

The boy stumbled back and yelped out, "Whoa!"

"Hey, hey, hey hands off him. He's with us." A boy with- wait that's John Murphy.

"Relax. We're just trying to figure out where we are." Wells explained to the crowd forming.

"We're on the ground. That not good enough for you?" A boy with slicked back gelled hair called out while walking over to the front of the crowd.

"Okay, maybe everyone should relax for a while." Hailey tried to defuse the fight she could since coming.

Ignoring her, Wells fired back at Bellamy. "We need to find Mount Weather. You heard my Father's message." 'Saying that is a mistake. Don't bring up someone who everyone hates.' Hailey thought to herself shaking her head as Wells continued talking. "That has to be our first priority."

A girl that looked like hair gel jumped into the conversation. "Screw you father." The girl put on a sarcastic look of confusion. "What, you think you're in charge? You and your little princesses?" She said looking at Clarke and Hailey.

"If you care at all, I don't like being called princess." Hailey pointed out to the girl, who just gave her a mix of a glare and a blank look. No one else even noticed her presence, it was like she wasn't saying anything or that she was not there at all. Huffing, Hailey walked away. Harper noticed she was gone and followed her into the woods. After a good few minutes of walking they came upon a clearing of the trees and there was a little pond in the middle.

Hailey looked behind her and gave Harper- who was a few feet behind her- a devious look. She motioned Harper over to the pond. Hesitantly Harper walked over and right when she got to the edge Hailey made her move and pushed her in the pond.