"It's only a question, Miss George. And I'm speaking hypothetically, of course." I wanted to run and hide.

   "I guess it depends on what they person did to make said person stab them in the shoulder." I answered. Aziel nodded slowly with a finger resting underneath his chin. I knew he was going to come up with something else to say.

   "What if that person was madly in love with them. Do you think it's nice to stab someone in the shoulder who's madly in love with you?"

   "Depends on how they pursue their so-called love." I replied bitterly. How the hell could he be trying to excuse Vincenzo's actions of that night? I was not stupid enough to believe I was in the wrong.

   "What if they promised them a life of happiness?"

   "What if they said they wanted to chain you to their bedpost?" I shouldn't have said that. The whole class looked around at me in an array of widened eyes and laughter. Great, now everyone thinks you're some kind of freak between the sheets.

  Aziel looked as if he had run out of words and desperately looked around the classroom. I stayed seated and prayed that this 'showdown' had ended.

   "Alright... um... class dismissed." He announced. Of course, college kids would waste no time in getting to leave class early, so the frantic noise of useless conversation and zipping of backpacks erupted throughout the lecture hall. Did he mean me as well? Could I leave?

   "Miss George, I'd like you to stay behind." Aziel then said and a few 'ooo's and laughs came from students close by.

  When they all had departed the hall, Aziel closed the door and I sunk firmly into my seat, fearing what was to come.

  What is Vincenzo was here? Crap.

  Aziel turned back to me and removed his fake classes which matched his light grey and blue suit well. I sunk further into my seat.

   "You know," he began. "When Enzo said you were a little difficult, I never concluded in my mind that you'd be capable of stabbing him in the shoulder." His tone wasn't serious nor threatening. Pondering was more of the word. "Care to explain?"

  I swallowed any intimidation and sat up a little straighter. "He invaded my mind and tried to kidnap me." That was the short story.

   "So, you stabbed him and set your dorm on fire." That sounded a little dramatic when he put it that way but...

   "Did you think I'd be flattered by the idea?"

   "Enzo sure thought you would." Aziel muttered under his breath with a short sigh.

   "But I'm not asking Vincenzo." I wouldn't have wanted to if I had the choice. "I'm asking you."

  I waited as Aziel leant back against the teacher's desk and frowned. He knew Vincenzo's attempts were anything but a romantic advance. An animalistic advance? Yes.

   "He's not usually like this." He finally decided on saying.

   "Psychopathic or invading –"

   "Neither." He interjected. "He's never been so desperate for a woman. Then again, you are his soulmate."

   "Where the hell did you all even get this stupid idea? I am not Vincenzo's soulmate. Your little oracle thingy made a mistake." I waved a finger at him and huffed in annoyance. When was this all going to end?

   "Oracles don't make mistakes. It said hundreds of years ago that a woman would perform the ritual as you had and –"

   "Then why have so many women before me done the ritual? If you ask me, he was being picky and now his luck has run out and he's had to chose me out of fear he'd never get the chance again." But Aziel only shook his head firmly, immediately dismissing my comment.