Betty faces him. "Why would you do that?"

"He thought he could sniff out how much I knew?" Darla looks his way too. "Isn't that right? But there's no playing a player. I saw through him." And as Alice finally begins to pour the tea, the woman continues. "It's ok. Dwayne was a heel. I wouldn't be surprised if he stole my car to pick up some floozy only to get himself killed."

Ellie finally faces her sister, and swallows. At this point, Chic's right. It's not his fingerprints all over his body, no that's theirs. And the blood, that's on their hands too. Somehow, even though he's the one who killed the man, he's the least guilty.

"Like I told Chic." Darla titles her head slightly to the left. "I don't particularly care what happen to Dwayne. I don't see any reason to ask any questions about him, especially not if I get the ten grand he owes me. If I get that, I'm a happy camper who'll be out of your lives forever and ever, amen. If not, well... I might just have to have a long talk with that handsome Sheriff of yours."

"We don't know what you're talking ab –."

Alice interrupts Ellie right away. "We don't have that money on hand." Her daughter looks over to her with a frown. "But if we get the money, we're done, right? You'll leave, no questions asked?"

"Zip my mouth and throw away the key."

She turns to her kids. "Ok, we'll make a withdrawl."

Darla calls her attention, stopping her from going anywhere. "Uh-uh, one of you goes."

"Ellie, then. Ellie will go." Alice tells her.

"The bank is not open until nine am tomorrow morning, Mom." Betty reminds her.

"I don't mind waiting." Darla speaks up with a shrug. "Got any board games?"

Eleanor's ready, as ready as she'll ever be. She has her Serpent jacket in one hand and her purse on the other one as she rushes downstairs, finding her Mom sitting down at the dinner table with Darla. So no, it wasn't just a nightmare.

"It's our account." Alice speaks up. "So you shouldn't have trouble."

Ellie nods, and tries to relax, but fails to do so.

She turns around, ready to make her way to the front door when Darla pulls her back by her right arm for one warning last warning. "Hey. Straight to the bank and right back, blondie."

Ellie doesn't say anything in return, she just pulls her arm back in a violent movement.

The all way, she can barely breathe. There's so much air around her, and still she's out of it. She just tries to focus on the walk to the bank, wondering if she should have just called the cops that night, god she almost did. Maybe Chic would have been gone by now and they wouldn't be threatened by some crazy woman that's keeping her family hostage.

Eleanor is almost outside of the bank, when her phone starts ringing. She reaches for it inside her purse, and picks it up right away.

"Mom, I'm already heading out."

"No, Eleanor." Alice's voice is quiet, but urgent. "There's another one in the house."

She swallows. "What do you mean."

"The guy that attacked Chic at the hostel, that manager?"

"Should I call someone?" Ellie asks her in concern.

"I don't... I don't know, Eleanor." Alice replies, there's only one thing she begs of her daughter. "But whatever you do, don't come home."