Blossom Blood

BLOSSOM BLOOD

"Polly?"

"What are you doing home again?"

It's a good surprise, Eleanor can't argue with that. But last time she saw her sister the Black hood was still hunting Riverdale's sinners, so somehow it brings not only good feelings, but a lot of bad ones. The jumpiness, the constant worrying, the fear someone she loves is gonna get killed today, or that she will.

Alice is holding one of the babies, and smiles. "She just walked through the door with these perfect babies."

Ellie's eyes are instead on Chic, he's holding the other baby. She can't help but feel this overwhelming fear that he's gonna hurt him. She knows it's just nonsense because he wouldn't do anything in front of everyone, but she still worries.

"Ellie," Polly pulls her in for a hug, distracting her from the dark thoughts that haunt her mind at the moment. And it feels good, she misses her sister. "thought I would surprise you."

"You did." She smiles widely once they pull away. "It's good to see you, Polly."

"And I was surprised to meet our bother." Polly mutters, her eyes on both her sisters.

Eleanor steals a glance at Betty, and their eyes meet. There's this understanding look on their faces, and they just know they're both thinking the same thing. Why would they even let Chic into their lives when they know nothing about him? Who is he really?

"Girls, you have to hold one." Alice calls out to them.

"We'd love to." Betty walks up ahead first, but instead of reaching out for the baby on her Mom's lap, she steals the other one from Chic's hands. Subtle much.

Eleanor approaches her Mom and takes the baby girl into her arms. She brings the baby closer to her chest, and closes her eyes for a second, just enjoying the moment. This is Jason's baby, and it brings her this comfortable familiar feeling. God, she misses Jason Blossom every day.

"Hey, where's Dad by the way?" Poll inquires. "Are we gonna go to the will reading together?"

"What will reading?" Alice frowns in confusion, they all do.

"Dad hasn't told you?" She replies, and then continues when she's met with nothing but pure confusion. "It's Clifford Blossom's will reading today."

"And why would we go to that?" Ellie scoffs. "The man killed himself like some coward after he shot his son in cold blood, so let him –."

"Which is one more reason to why we should go, that money –."

Ellie breathes in desbelief. "Polly, that's blood money."

"It's our money." Polly shrugs.

. . .

"My favorite kids," Pop Tate approaches the two best friends that have been coming to the diner since they wore diapers. "what can I get for you today?"

"Nothing, not today." Jughead gives him a small smile.

Ellie sighs before speaking up. "We were hoping you could answer one question, Pop's."

"Of course, what can I help."

It's Jughead who asks the tough questions, one they're both hoping Archie is wrong about the answer. "Did you sell the diner to Hiram Lodge?"

Pop Tate sits down on the other side of the boot, and Ellie knows. She just knows it, it's all true. It's undeniable by the way his eyes just fill with sadness, and now she's sad too. She can't believe that Hiram managed to take that away from her too.