Everyday

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Finally the next chapter is the musical episode, just to leave you a bit more excited about it. Hopefully as much as I am. Anyway, hope you enjoy this. Thank you for all the support. 

EVERYDAY

"Now that you've barged your way in, go ahead, girls. Ask your questions."

Toni goes first. "You said Cheryl was away at some boarding school?"

"Honestly, I'm not in the habit of explaining myself to school girls." Penelope remarks, and turns her back on them, ready to walk away with Nana Rose.

"Maybe not, Mrs. Blossom, but you may have heard that my mother..." Josie leans forward before continuing. "is dating Sheriff Keller. If you won't tell us, then maybe you'll tell him."

"Alright then." She gives them this smiles that's more dark than nice. "The truth is that Cheryl started exhibiting strange, deviant behavior, so I sent her abroad to a wellness institute where they're trying to help her. You don't have to believe me," She reaches for a book where she finds some papers, and hands them over to the girls. "but let me show you something."

Eleanor reaches out for it, and shifts uncomfortable on the couch before opening them. She frowns in confusion at the sight of a drawing of Josie and Cheryl.

"Oh my god," Josie gasps.

"She's drawn dozen like it."

"What does this have to do with anything?" Ellie asks, but her tone is already accusative. "This is the deviant behavior Cheryl was having? Drawing? Please,"

"You might don't understand," Penelope's eyes drift to the girl next to her. "but Josie does. Cheryl was obsessed with you. I was afraid she might hurt you... or herself, or both. So, if you would like me to tell that to your mother and her boyfriend, and shoe them, and the town, Cheryl's drawings of you, I'd be happy too. But hopefully, you have de decency to keep this private, am I right?"

Ellie scoffs under the sight of her friends' silence, and stands up. "If your daughter is that damaged, have you ever considered that maybe it's your fault? 'Cause the truth is you and your family didn't deserve to have a lineage, because all you do is screw up your kids' life, you sure screwed Jason's life." She throws the drawings to the ground, and looks at Mrs. Blossom one las time, before walking away. "And I'll be damned if I let you ruin Cheryl's too."

Eleanor saved Cheryl Blossom from the pit of hell once, and she would do it again doesn't matter how many times, because she wasn't there when Jason needed her. So, maybe – just maybe – she can make up for it by being there for Cheryl. Jason would surely appreciate it.

"If what Mrs. Blossom said is even a bit true, that means that Cheryl threatened me, sent me a bloody pig's heart." Josie speaks up, while walking behind the blonde girl. She turns around to face the rest of her friends, before letting out one last warning. "I'm out, you guys, I'm done."

"Josie, come on." Ellie faces her with a desbelief look on her face. "You can't be serious."

"Let it go, E." Veronica warns her.

"Are you kidding me? So what Cheryl has some problems? Well, flash news so do I." Ellie points out to Josie then. "And probably so do you, Josie."

"Yeah, not like that." Josie shakes her head, and steps back. "I'm out, I'm sorry."

Eleanor stays back while watching Josie walking away, giving up on their friend. The truth is not everyone's has the strength of character to be there when someone needs you if that someone's a bit damaged. Doesn't matter if everyone is.