Riverdale's Masks

rewritten

rewritten

Eleanor walked the hallway, already hearing voices coming from her sister's bedroom; she stopped by the door, watching her Mom lecture Betty on a never ending speech about the Black Hood. It was touching, her worry, but coming straight home from school wouldn't stop him from killing them. Everyone knew that.

"Hey,"

"Did you hear what I just said?" Alice arched a brow at her, and she nodded slowly, "Good. You two do what I say and everything will be fine."

Their Mom left the room with a smile from ear to ear, and the two were finally left alone. Eleanor smiled weakly, and approached Betty, sitting on her bed.

"Are you ok?"

"No," Betty faced her phone, the call she had just got haunting her.

"Is this about the letter?" Ellie grabbed her sister's hand, "No one got hurt, thanks of you. You saved us all, Betty. Don't think any less of yourself."

"Ellie..." She was about to speak up about Black Hood but the tired look on her sister's face stopped her, it wasn't fair to put that kind of weight in her as well, "I'm scared."

"You know why Polly really came up with the Twin Witch thing, right?" Eleanor titled her head to the side, smiling softly, "So we would remember we're together; saying things together, thinking together, fighting psycopaths together. We're gonna get through this as long as we stick –."

"Together." Betty nodded quickly, "I know."

"So," She sighed and glanced at the phone, once she had caught her sister's eyes repeatedly on it, "if you have anything to tell me... This is your chance."

"I don't..."

"Betty, don't do that." Ellie shook her head, "When you try to protect me, I don't need it. God, haven't we learn by now how secrets can destroy us?"

"The Black Hood..." She held her phone, "called me. He knows where Polly is, Ellie."

"What?"

"He said he will hurt her." Betty sniffled.

"Oh my god," Ellie breathed, pulling her sister to her chest then, "We're gonna figure something out. He's not touching her."

Black Hood was playing a game he thought he could win, and the truth was he probably would. Even telling Archie, they were still three against one psycopath willing to kill every single person they cared about. And something was telling Ellie that Black Hood's game was one of those where the only way to get out was to win.

"Hey," Reggie stopped her from opening her locker, flashing a smile at both Archie and Ellie, "what's up?"

"What do you want?" She faced him, curious.