~Chapter 3 - No Contact~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Nana Moeka Ashida~

That night, we stayed at my Grandfather's place. My mom told me to get rid of my Pink Hair, so I told her I would change it back to Black tomorrow...I now feel guilty for two things. Leaving my Friends and missing three burials. I couldn't sleep. I got out of my sleeping bag and ruffled my light pink nightgown. I saw my suitcase in the corner. I headed over to it and took out Zane's Hoodie and Mask. I slipped the Hoodie over my Nightgown and placed the Mask back in my suitcase. My Hair was tucked within the hood as I walked around Grandpa's garden. Grandma died before I went to MyStreet for High School. I looked up at the starry sky. Tears stung my eyes as I thought about what I was missing out on.

I decided to head back to bed. As I went closer, I knew something was wrong...JUU! Blood was spilling out of his chest. His eyes wide open, his mouth ajar as if he was screaming. Ma and my siblings surrounded him with Grandfather.

"What happened?!" I cried out, tears streaming down my face.

"I-I'm not sure!" Ma cried. Her Meif'Wa ears dropped down. I ran towards the body, the hood flying off, my pink hair streaming behind me.

"JUU!" I cried out. "PLEASE LET THIS BE A JOKE!" I felt the tears running down faster on my face. I looked up to see a dark shadow. I felt the anger boiling within me. I ran towards the person and when I was about to grab them, they fled into the darkness. I went back to the rest of my Family...We had the burial that night...I went to Grandfather's kitchen and made 4 Loaves of Bread. I placed one on each mound of dirt. One for Father...One for Juu...One for my eldest sister, Wan and the last one for my little brother, Ire. I snuck back to my sleeping bag and climbed into it, not bothering to take of the hoodie.

* . * . * . *

The next morning, I woke up to Ma waking me up.

"We got jobs to do Nana! What job do you want to do?" I groaned as I sat up...

"Baking?" I asked. Ma thought about it and agreed but then she said, "But you will also have to help Shi with Grandfather's garden!" I nodded, too tired to argue. I sat up and stretched my back. I grabbed a Light Pink Shirt with a White Cat on it and Black Pants. I went inside to change. I came out wearing Zane's Hoodie, Zane's Mask and my Clothes with Hay Sandals. Ma came up to me.

"Do you mind washing that pink out?" She scolded. I nodded reluctantly and headed back inside. I held a can of Black Dye, since when I was younger, I was foolish enough to use permanent Pink Dye. I liked my Pink Hair, so I decided to use Temporary Black Dye. I told myself if I see a bit of Pink, I would use the dye again. I came out in 30 minutes, my hair now black once again.

"Good," Ma said. "Now go help your Grandfather while I help fix our apartment building."

I bent over some plants and began pulling the weeds. I felt hot in the sun, but I didn't want to take off Zane's Hoodie. I took off the mask and placed it in the Hoodie Pockets. I continued, getting dirt on my hands. When I was done, Grandfather told me to pick the ripe crops. I grabbed a basket and started with the carrots. Once I was done, it was mine and Sado's break. I headed inside to wash my hands and to make some cookies and some bread. I made some Cupcakes for my Family to enjoy too. I set them down on the table and dropped into a chair, sweating. I took off the hoodie at last and tied it around my waist. I slumped in the chair, hot. I went to the bathroom to wash my face. As I headed into the living room, I heard Shi talking to someone. I ignored them. I grabbed a cupcake and bit into it...I finished and threw the cupcake liner in the trash, I went to sit next to Shi to find she was HOLDING MY PHONE, BLUSHING! I took a look at who it was...ZANE?!

"Shi!" I exclaimed in my hyper voice. She looked up and saw me.

"Na-Nana!" She stammered.

"GIVE ME BACK MY PHONE!" I commanded. She handed back my phone and walked away. "Sorry Zane," I said, looking into my phone.

"It's okay Nana." He smiled at me. He knew it was me...I smiled back. His smile faded. "What happened to your Hair?" He asked.

"My mom told me to put it back to its original color," I sighed. "I liked my Pink Hair better."

I heard footsteps. "It's Garroth," Zane told me. "Love you."

"Love you too," I told him. I went back outside to find Shi talking to Grandfather. I strained my ears.

"I met this REALLY cute boy!" Shi said.

"Really?" Grandfather raked the leaves and extra flowers into a black plastic bag. "What does he look like?"

"Blue Eye, Black Hair, His Hair covering one of his eyes, a Mask and a Black sweater!" She sighed. "And his name was Zane!" I walked up to her, mad. Ma came in, but I didn't care. I dragged her away from Grandfather.

"SHI ASHIDA!" I screamed. "HE IS MY-" I didn't get to finish my sentence.

"I bet he isn't even into you. You have PINK Hair!" She said, smugly.

"HE IS MY-!" I started at her as Ma came towards us.

"What is the problem here?" She raised an Eyebrow. I didn't get to finish...AGAIN!

"Nana is trying to steal my crush!" Shi said.

"If a boy is causing this much trouble through our family relationship," Ma said. "Then neither of you two can contact him. Instead I only want your Family and the Friends we know about!" She scolded. "How did you meet him?" Ma asked Shi.

"Nana has him in her contacts!" Shi said.

"Nana...Your Phone." Ma held out her hand. I placed my phone in her hand, unlocked. Just as she withdrew her hand, Aphmau began calling...Ma declined and began deleting my contacts and adding new ones. I balled my hands into fists.

"Now get back to work, you two!" Ma said.

* . * . * . *

It was night and we were all sleeping on the porch. I couldn't sleep again...Something about that pole was bothering me...I sat up only to see blood on the floor...I looked to my left...SADO!

"SADO!" I screamed. Tears flowed from my eyes. The others woke up and saw Sado.

"W-Why would someone do this?!" Shi cried. "I-Is it our family?!" I felt the tears silently falling down my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~La Pleb has been Here...She has become Ded from Nu Kittiez