"It's ok" Clary mutters rubbing his back assuring him, but suddenly as Jace leans forwards against his hands, holding his head and wincing, there's a glowing light that cascades over him, and as he lifts his head moments later and appears to be perfectly fine, I can tell we have our Jace back.

"Jace?" Clary asks hopefully.

"Yeah" He says, exhaling, smiling back at a relived Clary before looking up with a smirk at me.

"You guys ok?" He asks and as we nod he stands up, his gaze dropping to his clothes as he eyes his attire in perplexion, clearly not fond of the suit he had on.

"Mind filling me in?" He ask and I instantly chuckle in amusement, desperately wanting to hear Clary explain all of this to him.

Unfortunately, we don't get the chance as before Clary can speak, the demon knocks over the stacked boxes behind Jace, grabbing him by the neck and slamming him against the opposing wall.

"Jace!" Clary exclaims, before we both rush forwards, Clary grabbing a pipe nearby whilst I break off a near by broomstick. I throw the first attack, my stick slamming against it's chest, but I'm swiftly yanked by the hair and thrown back, foggily watching Clary fight as Jace assist.

I'm back to my feet swiftly, ignoring the pummelling headache that I had before stepping closer and striking the demon against it's back. This gives Clary and Jace space to pull back from its hold, as Clary ruts her pipe against it's jaw, cracking it loudly, I throw my broomstick to Jace, watching as he pulls back before stabbing it through the demons chest, making it scream out.

Though quickly, and before anyone can do otherwise, the demons tail wipes out and stabs Jace behind the neck. The demon was still fighting against us, Jace no longer able to help as he falls back slowly, gasping. I yank up the broom that Jace had dropped before plunging it back into the demons chest, twisting and snapping it further, before throwing it's body back onto the pile of boxes.

I hear Clary instantly drop her pipe, and we both rush over to Jace, who is gasping desperately on the floor. We watch helpless and scared as he rips off his blazer, unbuttoning the top few of his shirt, his finger clawing desperately at his neck for breath.

"Where's my stele?" Jace groans out, but as Magnus runs to us, he sees the wound shaking his head.

"It didn't come through with you?" I ask in bewilderment.

"You're gonna need more than a stele for that." Magnus states, examining the wound, clearly knowing how bad it was.

"Will Portaling him back to his own body cure him?" Clary asks, holding Jace's hand, a frantic and sorrowful look across her face as she sees Jace, wounded and in pain before her.

"No. Blood travels with you. It's why your angelic powers still work here. The demon venom is in his blood." Magnus states, making us sigh, knowing we didn't have long left.

"Then we have to get him back to the Institute in our dimension." I state, surely, knowing this was more important.

"No, we've gotta find Valentine." Jace grunts out, trying to stand up, though to no avail.

"Jace, you're in no condition to fight." Clary chastises, annoyed yet still anxious, knowing that he was right but also not wanting to risk Jace's health.

And I felt the same.

Finding Valentine was important but so was keeping Jace alive.

"I've found the portal" Magnus states, and with a nod Clary and I help lift Jace and walk alongside him, following Magnus through the corridors and to the same large, powerful swirl of colours as the one we had entered.

Belonging | Alec Lightwoodजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें