44: A Day With Mama🗳

Start from the beginning

"Battery" I said, showing her my phone.

"Let me just go grab my bags, you can sit somewhere there on the sofa in the mean time" I said. She was about to walk there but I'm sure she saw how beer and wine bottles have decided to make themselves tenants on the sofas, plus Melinda was sleeping on the three seater.

I quickly came back downstairs and placed a note on the table.

I placed the KFC that I had ordered along with Tumelo's on the coffee table so Mel could see it when she wakes up- if she wakes up.

My mother took my overnight bag from my hand and walked out of the house quicker than a cheetah chasing its meal.

I closed the door behind me and followed her. When we got the gate, the security guard opened it for us and we walked out. You can't enter the property with your car unannounced.

When we got the car, the back door of the Range Rover opened and James came rushing out to give me a hug.

"Where's Mihlali?" He asked after he pulled out of the hug.

"Well hello to you too James, I've missed you a lot. School is good" I said sarcastically.

"I missed you too. Where is Mihlali?" He asked. He didn't catch on to my sarcasm. I shook my head and we entered the car. My mother started the engine and turned down the radio.

"She's visiting her grandpa" I said

"Please can we fetch her mom, please" he begged my mother. She gave me a side glance and I nodded my head.

"Okay" she agreed.

"Yes" James said, raising a fist into the air.

I typed in the location to Langa's house and we made our way there.

The atmosphere was not as awkward as I expected it to be. It was actually very nice, we all talked about anything and everything until we arrived at Langa's house. The mansion.

I called Bab' Nkanyezi and asked him to please open the gates. A few moments later he opened them and we were parked right in front of the house, this huge car felt so little here.

I exited the car and walked into the house. I found Mihlali in the play area with her nanny. She was throwing her squishy balls in the floor and giggling at this simple action. The smallest things amused her.

"Hey ma, did you go to the clinic for her injection? Owa5 months angithi?" I asked picking her up. She paid no attention to me as she held the ball in her hand. She was examining it as if it were some foreign creature or a science experiment.

Her nanny nodded her head.

"Please pack her bag for me, seven outfits will be fine. I'll be in the lounge with her" I said walking out of the room.

"Hlali Hlali, look at how huge my strawberry is now. Your cheeks are so big my baby. What do they feed you?" I asked her.

She just giggled in response and I started kissing her all over her face.

"Are you taking her away from me already?" Bab' Nkanyezi asked as he walked in through the front door.

"She'll be back on Sunday" I said.