5. cigarette daydream*

Começar do início

"I used the internet. It's not hard...I came to get you for lunch, so get your shit and let's go." He talks fast and breathy while he holds his crotch.

"I never agreed to lunch with you. I have shit to do, I can't just leave." Actually, I could just leave and I was planning on leaving in the next half hour anyway, but he didn't need to know that.

"Come on Ash, please? I've missed you. We all have. It's just lunch, what could it hurt? Didn't you miss any of us at all?" His voice was still strained but now it sounded more like it was the emotional pain that caused it.

I did miss him. I missed all of them. Even Harry, even though he's a fucking dick. I guess lunch with Niall wouldn't hurt...it could be fun. It would be nice to know how the hell him and Harry ended up in NYC at a recording studio, that's for sure.

"Okay. Fine. Let me get my things...stay here and shut up." I huffed a breath out quickly before turning back to my studio.

"Again, I'm so sorry. The studio is all yours until 5, and the code I gave you will lock up after you. I'm gonna go and get him out of here so you can work in peace." I quickly gathered my puffy coat and my tiny purse before I slid out the door and back into the hallway.

I shoved my coat into Niall's stomach roughly and he held it for me while I slipped my purse on.

Niall held my coat up for me to help me into it which made me smile despite my best efforts. He was also thoughtful with little shit like that.

He smiled back at me with excitement and walked toward the elevator with a bounce in his step. "This is gonna be fun, Ash!"

The air outside was crisp today, almost brutally harsh if you were out in it too long. The sun made up for it a little bit though, which was nice. February was coming to an end which meant that my favorite time in the city was coming. Spring is so beautiful here, the trees get so bright and the little flowers on people's balconies start to bloom. The rooftop bars are always so colorful and pretty during spring too.

I followed Niall down the concrete steps and into the subway station. He double swiped his card, paying for my ride like the gentleman he likes to pretend he is.

I chuckled behind him as I followed him through the turning thingy and onto the platform. "So, where are we going?" I asked as we stood in the cold. His nose was turning pink despite the large army green coat he was wearing.

"Not too far. Just a couple of blocks really. Figured it was best to stick in your comfort zone." I nodded slowly while I kept my eyes on the dirty concrete beneath my feet.

"Going to lunch with you is so far out of my comfort zone these days, I appreciate the attempt at familiarity for the restaurant." I nudged him gently with my elbow as the train pulled in and then. followed behind him again as we loaded on.

"To be fair, I didn't pick the place, Harry did." I stopped dead in my tracks on the platform. I hadn't even made it on the train yet. People shoved their way around me like I was an everyday nuisance.

"What did you just say?"

Niall flips around to see me frozen on the platform and immediately rolls his eyes
"Don't be like that. Come on. It's just lunch! It's not a big deal. Come ON!" I wasn't moving.