Chapter XII: Fragment search

*Charlotte's POV*

Charlotte: "Okay? But why?"

I was currently home waiting for some big news to come along so I can strike there and write about it. I was holding a pen in my hand as I was writing down what Mona kept saying, maybe if it will be interesting I could make it to the title page of  the Steambird.

Mona: "Well we found out that there was a star falling near Mondstadt, by the way it already fell... we also found out that when in close proximity, according to the star distances it will make your vision vanish."

This is it! These are the big news I was looking for... hold on a minute.

Charlotte: "That is very concerning but did I hear correctly "we" found out?"

Mona: "Uh yes, is that a problem?"

Chatlotte: "I've never seen nor heard about you working with someone... if not for Mora."

Mona: "Oh no, it's not like that. He's helping me out. Actually he's my apprentice in astrology."

Charlotte: "And may I know who that is or is it a secret."

Mona: "It's not a secret at all. He's here with me right now, actually I think you'll recognize him by his voice. Well what are you waiting for?"

There was some mumbling in the background and then the male's voice was heard as clearly as possible... and indeed I knew the voice.

I knew its owner in person.

You: "Hi Charlotte."

Charlotte: "What?! W-W-W-WHAAAATTT??!!! Y/N?!! Is that you?!"

You: "And who else hm?"

Charlotte: "Well... I-I wasn't expecting you at all!"

You: "Right."

Charlotte: "Since when are you interested in astrology?"

You: "Since uhh... since I was once looking at the stars in Liyue and Mona gave me an offer to be an astrologist."

Mona: "Hmph."

Charlotte: "I see, well those are unexpected news."

You: "You won't put that to the news right?"

Charlotte: "That you are interested in astrology? No don't worry. I'll just write about the vision."

Mona: "Okay thank you Charlotte, that's all I wanted."

They ended and I just noticed how tight I held the  the hem of my skirt.

Why does this make me sad. I should be happy for him. Y/N is a nice guy and everything so he definitely deserves someone... besides they didn't say they were dating. So maybe... no who am I kidding of course the two are dating.

I arrived to Steambird and to the editor.

Editor: "Ah if it isn't Chatlotte. I was wondering where you are and what news you're after."

Charlotte: "Well you know me!"

Editor: "So you got something you think will get you to title page?"

Charlotte: "Oh I don't think this time, I know for a fact."

Editor: "Like that confidence! So? What are the news."

Charlotte: "They are from Mondstadt."

Editor: "What?"

Charlotte: "I have a friend there who told me that a star fell from the sky making visions disappear."

Editor: "A star huh? You mean Mona told you?"