Lance Stroll - I'm not d-drunk I s-swear

Lance was leant against the bar looking out across the club that the team had hired out for an end of season party.

Aston Martin hadn't done very well but everyone in the team knew that each person worked as hard as they could. The team had finished the season in sixth only ahead of the both Alfas, Williams and Haas. The regulations had really hurt them but the teams spirits were high for a much better 2022 as there was once again all new regulations for the sport.

He was taken out of his thoughts as he saw somebody enter, he walked over to say hello a smile on his face as he recognised it to be you. "Hey Y/N!" He said. You jumped not expecting him to be behind you. "Hi Lance, enjoying the party?" You asked him.

He laughed nodding towards the drink in his hand, " Its great. Why've you only just arrived?"

You blushed, pushing a piece of hair behind your ear glancing down at the floor for a second before looking back up at him. " I was going over the data from the race trying to figure out what happened to your car" You mumbled.

He reached out resting a hand in your shoulder ," You know the seasons over that could have waited..." You shrugged slowly, "Better now than later." He rolled his eyes playfully but grabbed your hand and began leading you towards the bar. "Come on let me buy you a drink! You've done so much for me this year already."

A blush appeared on your cheeks spreading down your neck, " I only done my job Lance," He looked down at you,
" By making the best strategies and getting us more points than what our car really could have?" You shrugged as he continued, " Your also one of the main candidates too become my race engineer soon. Anyway what do you want to drink?" He questioned. " Uhh could I have a rum and coke please?"

He nodded and asked the bartender for your order, you leant against the bar looking across the room, " Here's your drink Y/N" Lance spoke pulling you out of your thoughts you smiled up at him, " Thanks Lance," You both moved over to the side of the room taking a seat at a free table as you sipped on your drink. "Yah know... you're my strategist and I don't actually know that much about you..." Lance spoke.

"There's not that much to know..." You looked down at your hands which were wrapped around your glass, "I'm sure there is something to know."

You sighed, "Alright then... well you know my name, I'm 23 I was born in (Y/H/C) my parents weren't the richest people so I had to fight. I had to fight to get recognised. Otherwise they'd just glance over the small girl with no money. And that's what I did." You sighed looking up at him he stayed quiet looking at you steadily in your eyes to continue.

"I got the top grades in my GCSEs, I was top of my class in college and then received a scholarship to Trinity St David's which has one of the best motorsport Engineering degrees in the UK. I was top of my class again before accepting an apprenticeship after graduating with Mercedes, I didn't travel with them instead staying at Brackley. once that was finished I transferred here, to Aston Martin. Worked my way up the ranks and here I am."

"I'm glad you got the recognition you deserved." You smiled softly, he took your empty glass approaching the bar for another one, you stood up, "Let me get it!" He chucked shaking his head, "Its on me" You were about to argue when you heard someone calling your name seeing that it was Otmar and standing beside him was Lawrence, Otmar was gesturing for you to go over and so you approached. Lance passed you a glass as you brushed passed him. You thanked before watching him disappear into the crowd on the dance floor as you crossed the room to your bosses.

"Lawrence this is Y/N, Lance's strategist, Y/N I'm hoping you know who Lawrence is?" You nodded at Otmar a smile on your face as you looked at Lawrence, " Mr Stroll, it's nice to meet you." You shook his hand which had been held out to you. "Call me Lawrence, Y/N. It's nice to meet you Otmars told me that you're the person who is responsible for the strategies which have allowed the team and my son to earn regular points this season." You blushed slightly which luckily thanks to the lighting the two older men couldn't see as you nodded a smile still on your lips, "Yes although it wasn't just me involved."