Pierre Gasly - I'm Scared

The sound of the line going blank caused a heart breaking sob to wrip from your chest. You felt a pair of arms wrap around your shaking body pulling you gently into a firm chest. Through blurry eyes, filled with tears you saw the face of your boyfriend Pierre who also had tears running down his face, you sobbed tucking your head into his neck feeling another pair of arms wrap around you which you knew to be your elder brother Charles.

"W-why did he have to g-go?" You sobbed, feeling Pierre stroking yiru head silently comforting you.

"I don't know, Anthoine was a fighter Y/N but he stood no chance against that." You sobbed into Pierre's chest.

"Y/N we should say goodbye," Charles spoke, his voice breaking with the emotion you nodded slightly looking at the bed that your best friend was laying on. "Anthoine, you left us to s-soon." You stopped trying to hold in your sob feeling comforted at Pierre's hand resting on your back, "I promise that I'll race for you. Always. I'll achieve what you wanted. I won't let you down copain (don't know if this is the right word. I'm still learning 🤷‍♀️) Je  t'aime Anthoine." You whispered, pressing a kiss to his cold forehead. You turned away from him allowing the other two to say their good byes.

You gently sobbed trying your hardest to stay strong as the three of you left the room and the hospital. Charles had an arm around your shoulder holding you against his chest as Pierre walked on your other side both of your hands entwined. Pierre opened the back door of Charles Ferrari getting in beside you as the silent journey back to the track where the accident which had taken your best friends life.

You shivered as the car parked and you stepped out of the car,  the F1 paddock was silent everyone still in complete shock with what had happened just two hours previously. Your grip tightened on both Charles and Pierres hand as you enteres the paddock instantly being swarmed by the media. Your body was hidden slightly by Charles and Pierre as they walked to the Ferrari hospitality and Charles motorhome. Escaping the crowds inside the building you took a seat on the small couch that was inside. A knock on the door was what brought your attention away from your feet. 

The team principal of Ferrari, Mattia Binotto, entered the room, "Charles? Are you OK?" Was the first thing he said seeing the three of you in the room. Charles sighed, " I'm as good as I can be" Mattia nodded his sympathy evident, "Uh are you good to drive in qualifying if not Pascal can fill in for you. Y/N, Pierre you need to. Speak to your teams as well." Charles shook his head defiantly, "No, I need to do this. For him." Mattia nodded, " OK good. Three hours." He left leaving the three of you there.

"Y/N, you need to go. Speak with your team." Charles pushed. You pulled him into a hug, which he relaxed into pressing a kiss to your hair.  You left his driver room following Pierre, he walked you to the Mclaren garage, he pulled you into a tight hug before leaving you to go to Toro Rosso. You took a deep breath, shaking your head  before entering the garage. You walked through going to your driver room.

Inside, you sat down staring at your suit and helmet that was sat in the wardrobe when you heard a knock at your driver cabins door. Before you could say anything the door had opened and entering your room was a concerned looking, Zak Brown.  "Y/N? Are you OK?" He asked. You looked up with a sigh, "I'm fine."

"Just know we're here for you. Do you want to race? We can get the Sergio in..." Before he could finish you spoke, "No. I've got to do this. For him." You were determined and he knew that so left you too it. You looked at the time, two hours. Time to begin. You pulled out your suit getting changed into your gear, tying up your shoe laces and getting ready to warm up with your trainer.  

Soon it was time, the entire grid was stood in a circle for a minutes silent remembering Anthoine. You gripped Landos hand in yours as you felt the tears pressing against your eyes across the circle you felt eyes on you, Pierre.  After the minute silence you walked to the carpet ready for the national anthem.

You couldn't hear anything your heart beat increasing dramatically as you look at the cars waiting to get in. Your breathing increased until you felt a pair of arms around you.

"Breathe Y/N/N. I know you can do it. Take a deep breath, I'm here." A soft voice spoke. You tried to do as the voice said but you couldn't. "Y/N. Listen to me alright. Look at me." You looked up seeing the worried blue eyes of your boyfriend. He pressed his forehead against yours. "I'm scared, Pierre. I'm so scared!" You sobbed. He pulled you in for a hug tucking your head into his neck. "I know Y/N. So am I. But we've done this a thousand times. He wouldn't want you to stop. Do it for Anthoine, baby. Charles and I will be here OK. He's watching down on us from up there." He looked up to the sky, before glancing back at you.

You nodded, pressing a kiss to his lips before he left to get into his Toro Rosso three places behind you. In front you could see Charles Ferrari, taking a deep breathe you nodded to your engineer and got into the car.

Charles had won. He had won for him. You placed fifth with Pierre in seventh. He had looked down on you all keeping you safe through it all.

A/N

I'm back. Sorry it took so long. Writers block is awful. I've got a few ideas but some of your requests may take a while. Still requests are open and there are a few new things to prompt from! Once again stay safe where ever you are in the world. Lockdown is easing here so updates won't be as frequent as I return to school and start my GCSEs but I'll still try and update at least once a week it may just be some preferences though which are quicker and easier than actual one shots 😁