Chapter 9: Regrets

Start from the beginning

"How can I help?" I politely asked.

"Where is Jeff?" He asked ignoring my question. Jeff heard him and came out of a small room where he was storing some medicine.

"What happened?"Asked Jeff. David went closer and said something to his ear. Jeff's eyes widened. He grabbed a syringe of Benzodiazepine (a drug that basically tranquillises you) and followed David in a hurry.I stood there in an awe.

'What just happened?' 

    I thought trying to figure out what happened that I wasn't allowed to know and couldn't help with. A few minutes later Chuck and Thomas entered. Chuck led Thomas to the medical Bed for me to give him a check-up. Just by looking at them you could underestand they had something to do with what happened with David earlier. I had to ask.

"What happened?" I asked curious when I was finished treating him.

"Ben got stung by a Griever and he attacked Thomas."

"He did what?! How did this happen?!

"We don't know, Mihno said he wasn't bitten in the maze not while they were together at least"

What about Thomas, how did he find him?"

"Newt said he had sent him to bring some fertilizer he attacked him in the woods, he managed to escape him thanks to his running and wasn't bitten himself" Chuck said adding the last piece of the puzzle.

   I looked over at Thomas. He was preety shocked himself and I bet he was trying to process everything. He probably had so many questions that no one would answer to.

'I know how that feels'

I thought.

"Why are you looking at him? Is he ok? Did he got stung?!" Chuck asked me obviously worried for his new friend.

"No don;t worry he wasn't bitten and apart from his small wounds I had to patch up nothing serious. Just a little shaken too.I assume no one explained to him did they?" I asked knowing the answer already.

"Alby will he always does." He answered but he was a pit ashamed to realize that Thomas didn't know a thing about why it happened and he was probably trying to figure out what he did wrong to get attacked. At least that's what I think he would do. I hated when Alby did that, make people wait to tell them the truth, it is indeed despicable but I have to accept it. I mean he must be doing something right for this place not to have fallen apart right? But I was still worried for Thomas. I would be so confused if it had happened to me I knew he felt the same, I had to do something. I went and sat next to him.

'Since I can't tell you what is going on I'll do that'

"I know you are confused right now but I swear you'll learn the truth in one way or another. I can't tell you since I'm not allowed to but I can tell you, you did nothing wrong. I promise you that." I said and gave him a comforting  smile. He finally turned and faced me. He didn't say anything he just looked at me. I gave him a gentle pat on his back got up and left the med-jacks leaving him with Chuck. I was heading to the slammers to talk to Ben. I had to. Yes it was pretty irresponsible of me to leave the med-jacks but I had to talk with him, I didn't know why but this feeling I felt urged me to go to him. When I arrived I found him sitting on the ground curled in a ball. He was talking to himself like he had gone crazy. Ofcourse that wasn't enough to stop me.