𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 3࿐⋆hit em with the quaffle⋆

Start from the beginning

Y/N sat up straighter and hit him on his arm. She glared at him as Dean laughed.

"Well, that did the trick."

"You are a horrible person, Thomas," said Y/N, glaring playfully at him.

"Aw, you know you love me, Y/N," said Dean mocking Y/N's tone as she rolled her eyes at him.

They both got up from the bench and walked towards Oliver. Y/N turned to Dean with a smirk on her face.

"Good luck, Thomas."

"May the best chaser win, Diggory," said Dean, matching Y/N's smirk.

She winked at him. "Oh, I know will."

Oliver released the Quaffle, the snitch, and the Bludgers once more as Y/N caught the Quaffle first and soared over to the hoops.

She aimed the Quaffle at the left hoop, Oliver noticed her aim and flew over to the left one, ready to block the Quaffle. But as she flew nearer to the hoops, she did a quick turn and threw the Quaffle into the right hoop before Oliver could realize what she did.

He just blinked at her blankly in shock.

Dean caught the Quaffle this time and dodged a bludger George had sent at him. Y/N flew over to Dean, thinking of ways to distract him.

"Hey, D!" She shouted. "Look, Seamus is waving at you!"

"Wha-"

Y/N zoomed below him and kicked the Quaffle of his hands. She did a quick dive and caught the it firmly using her right hand.

"Well, that did the trick," she laughed loudly as she threw the Quaffle into the hoops.

"You are a horrible person, Diggory," Dean shouted back but he was laughing too.

After an hour of playing, Harry had caught the snitch. Y/N had scored twelve goals while Dean had scored five.

Oliver Wood was in tears. He took Y/N's hands and shook them so hard she was afraid he would rip them off.

"Well done, Y/N! That was ruddy brilliant! Your techniques were just-" he shook his head, smiling from ear to ear, and called over to the rest of the team.

"We have a clear winner everyone!" Oliver roared. "Y/N Diggory is the new Gryffindor chaser!"

Everyone let out a loud cheer and clapped. Some shook her hand as some patted her on the shoulder.

"You deserve the spot, Y/N," said Dean as he hugged her.

She smiled at her best friend and hugged him back, "Thanks, D."

"Well done, little lion!" said Fred and George together.

"Thank you, twin terrors," she said as they ruffled her hair before walking away.

Harry walked over to Y/N as everyone started filing out of the Quidditch pitch.

"You were brilliant up there!" He said, smiling widely. "Even better than Alicia, if I am being honest."

Harry snaked his arms around her waist and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Thanks, Potter," said Y/N, wrapping her arms around his neck. "And now there's someone on the team to prevent you from falling off your broom all the time."

Harry chucked into her ear, tightening his hold around her waist.

"Yeah, you better be there to catch me when I fall."

"You should tell me that you won't fall," said Y/N, chuckling. "Not tell me to catch your clumsy arse."

"Well, you're the one that offered," Harry whispered into her ear. "And I sure as hell wouldn't say no to being caught by you."