the 1800s gossip girl - bridgerton s1

Start from the beginning

SIMON BASSET, DUKE OF HASTINGSListen, my man, don't send mixed signals

Listen, my man, don't send mixed signals. You tell Daphne that you two were just going to be married by name and nothing else and then you go and do stuff with her. Don't play her like that, don't play anyone like that. His whole personality is really based on the cruelty from his father. He swore not to sire children because that's the one thing his father wants, so then he pretended to not have the ability to have children with Daphne, someone he loves. He really did say "keep your friends close and your enemies closer". Dude, you're literally choosing a dead man who you don't even like, over your wife who you love. Seriously? I guess I should applaud him for being able to choose the right decision in the end by giving Daphne a child, but there's like nothing else to his character that really stood out to me.

 Seriously? I guess I should applaud him for being able to choose the right decision in the end by giving Daphne a child, but there's like nothing else to his character that really stood out to me

LADY DANBURY
She's cool. I mean I would hang out with her. I feel like her purpose in the show is mainly just the "voice of reason" and I know that definitely falls into some weird trope. But overall, she's like the momma bear who sees all and knows all. I have nothing against her, I just hope we get to explore more of her backstory in the next season because right now, all we know about her is that she's a socialite and Simon's mentor. What was her life like before she took Simon in? What are her interests except hosting a giant, extravagant ladies day? I wanna know.

ANTHONY BRIDGERTON/VISCOUNT BRIDGERTONThe way his character was introduced was by him having sex with Siera at that tree while the rest of the family was preparing to go to meet the Queen or something important like that

The way his character was introduced was by him having sex with Siera at that tree while the rest of the family was preparing to go to meet the Queen or something important like that. And you know what, I think that pretty much sums up his character. He's the oldest Bridgerton son, so he has the responsibility to help Daphne court men, among other things like managing the family. He makes so many bad decisions in the beginning, like letting that weird dude marry Daphne, and he couldn't even fix it. It was the mom who did. So like, step up maybe? His character did sorta redeem himself towards the end of the show though. Before the duel between him and Simon, he went over to Siena's place and told her that he would care for her and he did come through at the end when he wanted to bring her to the ball. But by then, he was already too late. And I think this will really make a difference to his character in the next season, and I look forward to seeing him not be an asshole.