"Huh, judging by your face, it seems that I hit a bullseye."

"T-That's none of your business!"

He smirked.

"Heh, as much as I like to play around with you, stuff needs to be done. I still need to prepare all of the training tools for tomorrow. You probably need to deal with some stuff right now."

"Yeah, suddenly having to do tons of stuff is pretty tiring. Paimon just wanna sleep somewhere."

"Well, I know this is your responsibility as the leader's daughter, but don't push yourself too hard. There's many elves here that can lend you a hand."

She was surprised. He actually sounded soft and cared for her wellbeing. She didn't know how to react.

Realizing this, his face flushed in red out of embarrasment. She did the same.

"W-What is with that reaction?! I just merely said a few helpful words for my naive junior. Nothing more!"

"Y-You're the one who's acting weird. Suddenly saying something like that, even Paimon don't know what's on your mind. Idiot!"

"What'dya call me?!"

"Idiot~"

"Oh you little-"

Bebal and Abalam suddenly arrived there. They're already accustomed seeing both of them quarreling, so they fully enjoyed the scene of them hitting each other.

After a few minutes, both of them sat down on the floor, tired.

"Now now, isn't that enough for today?"

"Yeah. Thanks for our weekly dose of entertainment though."

"Paimon is not entertaining you guys!"

Watching them, Kimaris chuckled.

"Well, watching you being mad is entertainment for me though. Too bad I can't stay here for long. I have some business to do."

He just left like that. Paimon is still dipleased, but after remembering his words just now, her face turned red a little.

"Mou~, that idiot."

The twins saw her red face and was amused. Maybe they would get along surprisingly well if they spend more time with each other, the twins thought. Thinking that, both of them can't help but grinned.

"Hey, are you guys making fun of me?"

"Huh? Not at all. Rather, seeing you looking at him like that is pretty refreshing."

"Maybe love would bloom out of both of you!"

Her face turns even redder, almost the same as Jueyun Chili's colour.

"W-What!? Love is the last thing that comes to mind when Paimon thought of him!"

"Oho~ that means you DO thought about love between both of you."

"Whatever decision you choose, we would support you!"

"C-Cut the crap! A-Anyways, what do you guys even came here for?"

The twins looked at each other. It's true that there was something that they wanted to discuss, but they forgot.

"Initially, there was. But.."

"But?"

"We forgot."

Paimon glared at both of them.

"You know what? Let's forget about it and hang out today. Just like always!"

"Why exactly?"

"Oh come on Paimon. Starting from tomorrow, your schedule would be packed and there won't be any free time for us to hang out."

"Not to mention that we've been assigned as archers for the army. We'll probably be practicing all day starting from tomorrow. So let's take it easy today!"

Hearing this, Paimon smiled. Surely she can't part ways with both of these caring friends.

"Yeah, that's true. Thanks guys. Oh that's right, there was a food stall that looked like they were selling some chicken mushroom skewers. Paimon will race there first!"

She flew as fast as she could.

"Oi wait up!"

"After we arrived, we wanna hear about your thoughts on Kimaris."

"Shut up~!"

Paimon flew as fast as possible as to not hear them teasing her. Tomorrow would definitely be a long day, as well as the days after.

*

Three months have passed. The development that the island had experienced is massive. Eight lighthouses
are built around the island for protection. The army is fully trained thanks to Kimaris. Guards and Warriors are trained with the quality equipments. They would be confident that they could defend the island if they fought against the likes of treasure hoarders. There were also walls around the island and the village. Food production is still maintaining it's consistency, so it was never a problem.

Seeing how far they have become, Paimon seemed proud.

"Hey Paimon! How's it going?"

The twins arrived at her father's workplace.

"It's fine. Paimon's kinda getting bored since everything is taken care of perfectly."

"True. Everyone here is reliable."

"After seeing everyone is handling it pretty well, let's fool around the island!"

"Uhm no. Paimon still needs to deal with these paperworks regarding the food supply. How about you two? Finished training?"

Both of them looked at each other, and then grinned.

"Of course! Archery is surprisingly easy!"

"And both of us are judged as the most technically sharp archers here!"

Bebal and Abalam found their new hidden talent. Ever since the start, they trained eight hours a day consistently. Their hard work paid off as they have became very accurate to the point where they could shoot down flocks of birds flying above the island.

"Oho, Paimon's buddies are here!"

"Yeah. Wait papa. Your drool is flowing down."

He realized and wiped his red face. He was snoozing at his usual place. The twins giggled at the sight.

"Papa, you can rest for today. There isn't much to do here anyway. Paimon can deal with the remaining work."

"Ah, okay then. I'll continue sleeping."

Not a minute passed and he snores loudly. Typical dad.

"Well, we wouldn't be able to chat here, so let's head out?"

"Mhm yeah. Paimon wants to take a breather for a bit."

They went out ansmd passed through the guards. The amount of the guards posted near the cave has increased for security purposes.

"Hey Paimon, how's Kimaris doing?"

"Yeah. I wanna know how far you've gone to."

Paimon was taken by surpise. She hid her red face.

"Wha- why suddenly? You guys should check him out by yourselves."

"It wouldn't be fun without you though."

"Yeah, we just wanna see you guys be a bit intimate for a little, don't you agree?"

"You guys~"

"Oh, I have an idea! Let's go meet him right now."

"Yeah, let's go. I do remember him saying that he would train the guys for a few more hours."

The twins flew to his direction.

"Oi, wait up guys. Paimon's going to-"

Suddenly they heard a loud boom. The three of them were surprised. Paimon don't know the full detail, but knew who in general were attacking them.

"The humans, they've come."