Chapter 18 - 'Let's make a deal.'

Zacznij od początku

"We might be inclined to allow your body to be found when we're done with you," Shawn says as he leans by the door.

Abigail comes into the room and looks around; she's the only person moving because the silence in the room is as thick as thieves.

"Oo, Nathan is here." She smiles and skips up to Nathan and me, who are still on the stage having a staredown.

"If you guys don't leave him alone, I'm telling Peyton and Taryn when she gets back." Marci walks back in, still in her dance outfit from before.

I chuckled, and the rest of the guys followed my lead.

"Relax, Marci. We were just teasing the guy," To prove my point, I sling my arm around Nathan's shoulder and bring him closer, "See?"

"I'm fine, Marci. You can go." Nathan takes the hint when I squeeze his shoulders a bit more.

Marci rolls her eyes and allows Jack and Jacob to lead her out of the room while Shawn picks Abigail up.

"I know that you guys don't trust me," Shawn narrowed his eyes while I cocked my head, "But I like Marci a lot, and if you guys plan on keeping us apart. I'll respect your wishes, don't forget we attend the same school." He says the last part with a sly grin.

I chuckle at his attempt to humour me, "Your one lucky kid. I wouldn't mind spoiling my reputation to make things clear. Remember, Nate, if you make her cry, you'll be eating with a straw when next I see you."

Looks like I scared him good because he gulped again.

"Am I crystal?" I question with a cold glare

"Clear."

"Good. Shawn, please make sure that he leaves while I ensure we are on time for the show."

I feel my protective façade drop when I carry Gail to her room.

Marci had already handled Abigail's outfit for the night. I left her there and went to my room to get ready.

I walked into the living room in a blue tee, black jeans and Nike sneakers. "Where's Peyton?" I state the last person who is yet to be here.

"She has been cooped up in her room all day, all thanks to you." Jacob accuses me.

"He's just sulky because there is no one to practice his lines on. Seems like you don't like your arm, brother." Shawn taunted him.

"Do us a favour and get her?" Jack asks me with a look in his eyes that spells trouble.

I raise a brow at him, "Why am I the one that has to get her?"

Marci answers from the kitchen, "Just go. We're almost late."

"Fine," I roll my eyes at them as I make it up the stairs again, "You're all so bossy."

I receive laughs and jabs thrown in my direction as I continue climbing up. The smell of popcorn follows me up the stairs.

I get to her room, and of course, it is quiet. I knocked and walked in.

I inhale a sharp breath as she cocks her head with her reflection to give me a double-take. She turned around to allow me to have a full drink of her outfit. She looked amazing.

"I thought they would send someone who could speak to get me, not one of Shrek's brothers." She also does a double-take on my outfit.

With the moment broken, I glower at her while she chuckles, "Lighten up, I'm joking. You clean up well." She offers a wink.

I run my hand through my hair, disheveling it, "You are the most confusing woman I have ever met, do you know that?"

She taps her chin, "I know that I make heads turn but hey, no play, no foul." She grins.